Forum Discussion

Jason73
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

Payroll Liabilites - Super Guarantee

I have recently moved from MYOB Accountright to the online version. I use to process Super Guarentee through pay liabilites. I cannot find this in the online version. It is forcing me to set up super payment directly from MYOB. I have already made the super payments. How do I process super through the online version when payments have already been made?

• hi Jason73 

This is another reason I try and keep all my clients off line.  On line is good in theory but you have just brought in another variable with internet connection etc.

If you have made the payment via your own means and there is no option to do the pay liability in payroll then just do a spend money and allocate it to the libaility account that the superannuation accrual goes to.

You can check what the default account is by going to payroll categories>superannuation and click the arrow next to superannuation and see the linked payable account.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • hi Jason73 

This is another reason I try and keep all my clients off line.  On line is good in theory but you have just brought in another variable with internet connection etc.

If you have made the payment via your own means and there is no option to do the pay liability in payroll then just do a spend money and allocate it to the libaility account that the superannuation accrual goes to.

You can check what the default account is by going to payroll categories>superannuation and click the arrow next to superannuation and see the linked payable account.

Jason73
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the response. Yes I agree with going online but we are shutting down our business and didn't want to pay $160 per month without any income for the next 12 months. Doing it the way you suggested, does the amount still show on the employees EOFY payment summaries at ATO?

Julie_A_C
        Partner

hi Jason73 

It will do as that flows through from when you recorded the actual pay, not when it is physically paid.

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jason73

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Apologies for the delayed response. We regret that you are facing issues with super payment, and we appreciate your effort in finding a solution here in the community. 

To take a look into this for you, can you please confirm if you are using a third-party clearing house when paying super? 

Please let me know if you need further help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth