Forum Discussion

Veena
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago

Payroll Reversal and Electronic entry

I have reversed an incorrect payroll, however both were done with 'Electronic Payment' selected. The Electronic Payment window will only let me select and process the negative reversal, not the positive. It seems to not recognise the positive payroll as valid. Message is

"You may proceed with a past date, however your bank may not accept a file if the date in the file is different from the date you upload it.
Please select at least one transaction to include in the bank file"

This appears as soon as I select the remaining transaction. If I leave this in the Electronic Payments screen, it will result in a reconciliation issue.

11 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Veena

Thanks for your post.

We noticed you set the ABA file date to the past. While our software can handle it, some banks might expect the file date to match the upload date. We just wanted to give you a heads-up in case your bank has any specific rules about this. The second warning message only appears if you don't select any transactions in the list inside the Prepare Electronic Payment window. May I ask for screenshots and more relevant information regarding this concern so we can investigate it?

We are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Veena

If a processed pay run has an electronic payment method, then you will need to download the bank file to process the payment. Also, you may check the linked accounts for payroll to make sure they are correct. Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen