Forum Discussion

Lena2
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Payroll summary report after changing ABN

Hi everyone, 

I went through the process of changing the ABN for Payroll reporting. I removed YTD amounts from the employees (changed all the values to be $0.00). Now my Payroll Summary report YTD is $0.00, but there are figures for Quarters and fist Quarter is negative (-$38792) whilst 2nd is $14652, 3rd is $14632 and 4th $9508. These 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters add up to + $38792 and this does mean that YTD is $0.00, however I am confused as to why the first quarter is negative. Am I doing this correctly?

Thank you in advance!

• Hi Lena2 

Thank you for your post. This is expected behavior when changing the Year-to-Date under Pay History to $0, as it is recognising that there is an amount for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters, but the YTD should be 0, so it puts the (-$amount) in the 1st quarter.

To make it shows up on your reports as $0, what you can do instead is go back to the Pay History, and choose 1st quarter on the drop-down and change all fields to $0. Save it, then do the same for 2nd/3rd/4th quarter.

I have tested this on my file and it is now showing the quarters as $0 on that report, so hope that works for you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Lena2 

Thank you for your post. This is expected behavior when changing the Year-to-Date under Pay History to $0, as it is recognising that there is an amount for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters, but the YTD should be 0, so it puts the (-$amount) in the 1st quarter.

To make it shows up on your reports as $0, what you can do instead is go back to the Pay History, and choose 1st quarter on the drop-down and change all fields to $0. Save it, then do the same for 2nd/3rd/4th quarter.

I have tested this on my file and it is now showing the quarters as $0 on that report, so hope that works for you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.