Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Processing prior period payrolls

We are moving over to MYOB payroll from the 1 of October however I would like to process the payrolls in MYOB for the entiry year can I do them after I've processed the first payroll or do i have to process in order?

• Hi HazelE1,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. I understand that there was a delay in responding, and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

As you transition to MYOB Payroll, you enjoy the flexibility to process payrolls for the entire year, regardless of your start date, which in your case is October 1st. It's important to note that you're not required to process payrolls strictly in chronological order, especially when you have historical payroll data that needs to be recorded.

Here's what you can generally do:

Set Up Payroll: First, make sure you have set up your payroll system correctly in MYOB with all the necessary details, including employee information, tax settings, and payroll categories.

Enter Historical Data: You can start by entering historical payroll data for the period prior to October 1st. This includes all the pay runs and transactions that occurred earlier in the year.

Enter Current Data: After entering historical data, you can continue by processing payrolls for the current period (from October 1st onwards) in the order they occur.

In addition, The MYOB Payroll software is specifically designed to enable you to input historical data and handle payrolls for previous periods as required. The essential aspect is to guarantee the accurate recording of all pertinent information, including employee earnings, deductions, taxes, and superannuation contributions.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you!
    Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HazelE1,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. I understand that there was a delay in responding, and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

As you transition to MYOB Payroll, you enjoy the flexibility to process payrolls for the entire year, regardless of your start date, which in your case is October 1st. It's important to note that you're not required to process payrolls strictly in chronological order, especially when you have historical payroll data that needs to be recorded.

Here's what you can generally do:

Set Up Payroll: First, make sure you have set up your payroll system correctly in MYOB with all the necessary details, including employee information, tax settings, and payroll categories.

Enter Historical Data: You can start by entering historical payroll data for the period prior to October 1st. This includes all the pay runs and transactions that occurred earlier in the year.

Enter Current Data: After entering historical data, you can continue by processing payrolls for the current period (from October 1st onwards) in the order they occur.

In addition, The MYOB Payroll software is specifically designed to enable you to input historical data and handle payrolls for previous periods as required. The essential aspect is to guarantee the accurate recording of all pertinent information, including employee earnings, deductions, taxes, and superannuation contributions.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you!
    Regards,
    Earl