Forum Discussion

BB937
Experienced User
6 months ago
Solved

Processing Returned Superannuation Contributions via Paysuper

Hi there, super contribution for a staff member was returned to our bank account.  Accountright Instructions 'Returned superannuation Contribution' were following exactly. https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/myob/Returned+superannuation+contributions#expand-3Recordapaytoreprocessthesuper

Now when going to process the corrected super constribution (via Pay Superannuation window, I dont understand why i need to select the negative (reversal) as well as the positive correction - they will strike each other out effectively and the employee will get nothing.   In addition, the balance sheet liability account super payable is out of balance by the amount of the correction.

If I de-select the negative amount, the super payable total for period matches the balance sheet and I expect the employee will receive the super payment into their fund (as the initial amount was rejected and returned to our bank).

Please provide instruction on this.

• Hi BB937,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. 

It appears that the link you've followed pertains to MYOB Business/Essentials instructions, while your account is on AccountRight. In AccountRight, when receiving a return superannuation contribution payment doesn't necessitate creating a pay run. Instead, you can process the successful payment in the 'Pay Liabilities' window, and the return super contribution will be handled within the 'Pay Superannuation' window. For more detailed guidance, please refer to the help article: Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

5 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BB937,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. 

It appears that the link you've followed pertains to MYOB Business/Essentials instructions, while your account is on AccountRight. In AccountRight, when receiving a return superannuation contribution payment doesn't necessitate creating a pay run. Instead, you can process the successful payment in the 'Pay Liabilities' window, and the return super contribution will be handled within the 'Pay Superannuation' window. For more detailed guidance, please refer to the help article: Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

CEDA
      User

Hi Earl,

I am using MYOB Business/Essentials Online and followed the instructions and now when I try to process the Super Payment again, using Create Super Payment, the negative and positive offset each other and no amount is payable.

Can you please assit, as it seems there is a missing step not covered in the instructions ? 

Thank you

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, CEDA

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

When processing the returned super, you will record the returned super through Receive money. And then, process a pay run with only the returned super amount (negative). Once done, process a pay run again with only the returned super amount, but this time it is positive. Lastly, when reprocessing the super payment through the Create super payment window, you only need to select the positive amount. The negative amount will remain in that window.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen