Forum Discussion

bto
User
4 years ago
Solved

Taxes - Variation

Hi,

I have had a request from an employee to update their tax witholding as follows:

Claim tax-free threshold: Yes
Additional withholding percentage: 2.00%
Education loan withholding: Higher Education Loan Program(HELP)
Medicare levy variation: No variation

There is no option in MYOB to do this, it can either be -

Tax-Free Threshold + HELP - this option doesn't allow me to enter in an additional witholding variation rate.

OR 

Withholding Variation - this option doesn't allow additional tax-free threshold + HELP

Can someone please assist/advise on what I need to do?

Thank you!

• Hi bto 

You do need to select either Tax Free Threshold + HELP or Withholding variation in the Tax Table field, it's not possible to select both options for withholding PAYG. If you are wanting to withhold additional PAYG you will need to enter that amount in the Extra Tax field.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi bto 

Thanks for your post. Generally, if you are wanting to withhold an extra PAYG amount for an employee you would enter that amount in the Extra Tax field in their employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Taxes. This help article has more information you may find helpful: Taxes

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

bto
      User

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your response - unfortunately this doesn't help in this situation.

I have attached a screenshot of the employees request and a screenshot of my issue in MYOB (not being able to add a variation once Tax-free threshold + HELP is selected).

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions.

Thank you,

Bec

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi bto 

You do need to select either Tax Free Threshold + HELP or Withholding variation in the Tax Table field, it's not possible to select both options for withholding PAYG. If you are wanting to withhold additional PAYG you will need to enter that amount in the Extra Tax field.