Forum Discussion

AmandaCL
MYOB Moderator
13 days ago

Welcome to the new Community Forum!

Good morning everyone!

Welcome to our NEW Community Forum! We hope you find value in this newly upgraded space. 

We've simplified our board structure and have archived posts with no solutions to make it easier for you to navigate and find the answers you're after!

If you have a question that's yet to be answered - feel free to start a new post! Simply click into the board that relates to your question and select "Create a post".

If you have any feedback about the navigation and layout of our new Community Forum, leave a comment below - we'd love to hear from you! 

Feel free to reach out if there's anything you're unsure of or have any further questions!

Cheers, Amanda. 

*Please note: You may notice that some functionality is missing post-upgrade such as your personalised profile icons. We are aware of this and are actively working to resolve it. 

20 Replies

Sharon_BCT
    Experienced Cover User

Ironic that when the new Community Forum was uploaded, we were kicked out of Accountright for 45 mins, right in the middle of the day.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi AmandaCL , there's a lot of changes! It's going to take a while to become familiar with this new forum. I've had a look around and posted an answer to a question, so here's my comments based on very limited use:

• There are no user signatures, perhaps that is coming?
    • There are no font settings for posts
    • The look and feel is more readable
    • Posts are emailed if subscribed, but the email subject is a generic "Subscription update on MYOB Community Forum". I downvote this one.
    • Only part of a post is emailed, the content appears to be truncated. I downvote this one too.
    • Graphics files can only be loaded in line with text , but that is more natural

Regards
    Mike
    DataWise Limited, NZ

MikeG1
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Mike_James thanks for taking a good look around on launch day and sending through some feedback.

I have taken a look through the member settings today and cannot immediately see anything related to signatures. I have raised this with the provider to confirm, otherwise you may be right that this will become something we either need to develop as a customisation or will come in a future release.

Post settings are a little different, mostly for visual consistency, fonts will be the same and the same size, spacing as well.
      You can select to bold, italic or bullet point you messages though

Great feedback on the notification emails as well, I will review whether there are any changes we can look to implement here as well.

Cheers, Mike

Lisa_BBP
    Trusted Partner

As soon as it went down, I was thinking to myself what are MYOB trying to make pretty now! haha

Every time they do something in the background the program goes down. How about making these changes overnight and then testing before releasing? Or does MYOB not work after hours?

By the way, the new forum is now even harder to find anything, good job MYOB!

H-TS
    Trusted User

Can you just get rid of the forum except as a 'product ideas' placeholder for your developers and decision-makers to continue ignoring, and put resources back into providing real support like we paid for in our subscriptions?

MikeG1
    MYOB Moderator

Hi H-TS, Lisa_BBP and Sharon_BCT 
    I can understand the link in timing, but can assure that you the upgrade to the community forum in no way affected access to your MYOB software.
    I have somewhat addressed the link between the two in my reply here but ultimately we completed our upgrade at the same time as there were access issues.
    Because traffic increased to the forum as a result of the access issues, right after we completed the upgrade, it caused an initial overload to the forum and it also went down.

Lisa_BBP - would love to know what you have found difficult with navigation and also any ideas you have to help improve it
    This is the first day of the new forum and thankfully it is a very easy platform now for us to make changes.
    You can private message myself or Amanda with your feedback or you could also arrange a time with Amanda to call and discuss the forum.

We are fully dedicated to making the forum an engaging, positive and valuable resource for all of our community and your feedback will definitely help us achieve that.
    Thanks, Mike

H-TS
      Trusted User

Thanks Mike. My comment on this post was unrelated to the outage. The forum is a waste of time and resources and I get riled up every time I need to come here and wait for a solution from another frustrated user that may or may not ever come. There are so many unanswered posts in the forum. I'd rather the resources be invested in providing decent support again. There are times when livechat doesn't cut it. Neither does the 'submit a support ticket' option, when you can remember how to find it, since there's no link to it at my.myob.com. MYOB should be providing this support, not your other customers. Imagine if NRMA (as an example) asked it's members to help each other when they've broken down. "We can replace your battery in three days but you might get a quicker, possibly helpful, response from the random strangers who are also paying for our roadside assistance." Laughable. 
      Or invested in implementing some of the great ideas that are put forward by people who actually use this software.
      When I'm here, I do also help other users when I know the answer. But why should they have had to wait for me to stumble across their post. Bring back real technical support.

Sharon_BCT
        Experienced Cover User

Totally Agree - lack of finding support options & lack of support when you do manage to find / connect to somebody & not listening to users are MYOB's biggest downfalls at the moment.

It seems every month, I get an email from MYOB telling me they've done something "new & exciting", which in 99% of the cases is irrelevant to me.

MYOB - put your efforts into better support & make it a more reliable system first & foremost!! 

• Hi Amanda, would it be possible for someone to contact me so that I can login to my my.myob and register a problem I'm having.  It is virtually impossible for me to find a way to email anyone whilst being unable to login.  Regards, Jan

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey Wolfie2011

I'd recommend raising a case through your My Account for this. Instructions to do so can be found here. Once the case has been raised one of our agents will reach out to resolve your issues accordingly. Feel free to reach out if you run into any trouble, we can take it forwards from there.

Cheers, Amanda! 

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi, I'm using the Edge browser, and I notice occasionally that when opening a post from the email, the thread opens with a blank screen. I'd be interested in your comments. 

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

For example, this link turns up blank when opened from within my Outlook mail:

https://community.myob.com/discussions/MYOBAdvisor/convert-order-to-bill-without-receiving-items/867671/replies/867708

If I remove the last 2 segments, then I can see the whole thread.

AmandaCL
        MYOB Moderator

Hey Mike_James

What web browser does it open up in? I've just done a bit of testing and don't have an issue when I open up the link - I'm using Google Chrome. There are a few bugs and glitches that we're still working to resolve and have found that clearing your cache and cookies will help. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else you find!

Cheers, Amanda. 

H-TS
    Trusted User

The search button doesn't seem to do anything. Just greys out my screen. Using Chrome. Also on live chat sending my blood pressure through the roof because I can't get a straight answer, don't want to wait for an email reply to a support request, but also can't search this forum! I'd even settle for a 4 hour wait on hold at this point, if I knew I was going to get a human on the other end who would actually help me.

MikeG1
      MYOB Moderator

Hi H-TS - thanks for the message, sorry about the search function not working. 
      There are a couple of glitches we are working hard to resolve but in most cases, clearing cache will help resolve this in the search term
      Otherwise there are three areas to search, the main bar on the home screen highlighted below, the magnifying glass at the top (seems to be glitchy) or another search bar in the header after you have navigated to a specific board

H-TS
    Trusted User

Thanks MikeG1 I forgot I'd seen that other main one the other day. My other issue the other day was that clicking on search results took me to random other posts, not the ones I was trying to click on. Sometimes I can't even get back to this post, it takes me to this instead. https://community.myob.com/discussions/sales_and_purchases/unable-to-print-payment-receipt/716620/replies/718496

H-TS
    Trusted User

New posts also don't allow more than one tag to be applied. Selecting one tag still gives a pop up that too many were selected but publishes anyway.

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey H-TS

Thank you for the feedback. We haven't set a limit to the amount of tags that can be selected at the time of posting. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion, we are working towards resolving the glitches. Let me know if there's anything else!

Cheers, Amanda. 

H-TS
        Trusted User

Well, I clicked on the "view" link in the email I got saying you'd mentioned me, and it briefly came to this page but then redirected to Home | MYOB Community a post I don't recall ever being part of. Funny, the link I just posted has now changed to "Home | MYOB  Community" so I have no idea if you'll even be able to tell where I got sent. Quite a disaster of a launch if you ask me. Was there any beta testing by actual users?

And there most definitely is a limit, even if you didn't set it.