Sleeper1
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

Error 52 - 1000052

Can you help resolve an error code when I prepare BAS/IAS

I get an error code 52 - 1000052 Bad file name or number

CData:ReadFileSetups

I like to Lodge manually as I have to incorporate another file when I lodge so I need this information for my spreadsheet. 

Can you advise how I can fix this error.

• Hi Sleeper1,

Thank you so much for your detailed post. This error message typically signals that the system encounters difficulty reading a file accurately or that the BASlink folder on your computer lacks the necessary setup files for running BAS.

I recommend verifying that you have complete control over the BASlink folders:

• For AccountRight 20xx: C:\Users--username--\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\BASLink
    • For AccountRight Classic: C:\PremierClassic\BASlink (if you are using Premier)

If you have full control, consider renaming the folder, uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight, and then attempting the task again.

Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sleeper1,

Thank you so much for your detailed post. This error message typically signals that the system encounters difficulty reading a file accurately or that the BASlink folder on your computer lacks the necessary setup files for running BAS.

I recommend verifying that you have complete control over the BASlink folders:

• For AccountRight 20xx: C:\Users--username--\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\BASLink
    • For AccountRight Classic: C:\PremierClassic\BASlink (if you are using Premier)

If you have full control, consider renaming the folder, uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight, and then attempting the task again.

Regards,
    Earl