Forum Discussion

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to open Sample Files (2022.9)

AccountRight Plus (Ver 2022.8) will not open the Clearwater sample files (Ver 2022.9) & produces an error box to say the file can't be opened by the current version of MYOB

Any advice??

• Hello Keith_W  and John_Dinning 

The reason you can't open the Clearwater trial files is due to the version is higher than the one you are currently using. You will need to download the same version files for the version you currently have installed.

I have linked a Help Article on using the sample file company file which has steps on how you are able to download and open up the version that you need. This may require downloading a previous version of AccountRIght and upgrading the sample file to your 2022.8 version.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I found this problem too. MYOB now have Ver 2022.8 Clearwater sample files.

You may have to ask for them as I don't think they have a link to them yet.

Keith_W
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for confirming, John. I'll try to reach MYOB....

• Hello Keith_W  and John_Dinning 

The reason you can't open the Clearwater trial files is due to the version is higher than the one you are currently using. You will need to download the same version files for the version you currently have installed.

I have linked a Help Article on using the sample file company file which has steps on how you are able to download and open up the version that you need. This may require downloading a previous version of AccountRIght and upgrading the sample file to your 2022.8 version.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

AlisterML
      User

The sample Company file will only open as a read only version, says coy file has expired but I have upgraded the sample coy file when prompted to do it. Now shows as correct version. 

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello AlisterML 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

Sorry for the delay in my response. 

Have you managed to sort this out? 

If not I would suggest giving your AccountRight software a reinstall.