New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

Hi Everyone

With the recent compliance release of AccountRight 2017.1.1, we are scheduling the decommissioning of one of our AccountRight cloud versions, AccountRight 2016.3. This decommissioning is scheduled to happen on Thursday August 24th 2017.

If you currently use AccountRight 2016.3 to access your online file, then you will need to upgrade to AccountRight 2017.1.1 before this date to continue to be able to access your file.

Don’t know what version you’re on? Open AccountRight and go to the Help menu and choose About AccountRight.

Why do I need to update?

To ensure that our cloud servers have the best possible performance, we only keep the most recent versions on the cloud. This does mean that from time to time we decommission our older versions, but it also means that this is a great time to update to our latest version.

You should see a message in your AccountRight prompting you to update. If you need more info, please have a look at our help topic  Why do I need to update AccountRight?, which includes some of the most common troubleshooting questions.

We’ve also created this post in case you have any queries or need a bit of help updating.

Update 17/8/2017

As there has been some confusion around being prompted to update, we have prepared the following FAQ to help alleviate some confusion.

How can I tell if I have upgraded to the latest version?

From within your file, if you go to Help >> About MYOB AccountRight you can check the version that you are on. The product line will say AccountRight <product> AU 2017.1.1, where <product> represents the AccountRight product you are on. Assuming you see 2017.1.1 in the product line then you have upgraded to the latest version

I have upgraded to the version but I’m still getting the message I need to upgrade?

Once you have upgraded to AccountRight 2017.1.1, to avoid confusion you can stop the message about needing to upgrade from coming up repeatedly. In the bottom left hand corner of the message will be a tick box labelled Got it, don’t show me again. Tick this box and then click the close button and the message will stop coming up.

Please do feel free to post any questions that you may have, as we are always happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
91 REPLIES
stella_cbs
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
stella_cbs
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

We have been away on holidiays and were unaware of the de-commissioning.  What can we do?

We need to continue working today.

Contributing Partner Stella
9 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Stella
Contributing Partner

9Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am using the latest version 2017.1.1 yet I am receiving a message saying I am using 2016.4.

I have also clicked on "upgrade now" which doesn't take me anywhere. 

Is the message worded correctly?  

Stella Familton
Bookkeeping with Precision
MYOB Certified Consultant
Super Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,120 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Super Partner

1120Posts

559Kudos

85Solutions

Check that you have opened the correct version. Sometimes if you click on a desktop shortcut or taskbar item, it might just open an old version.

To be sure you are using v. 2017.1.1, find it by going to Start menu / MYOB /2017.1

You may need to replace your Desktop shortcut or Taskbar item.

MYOB Staff Post Melissa73
398 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Melissa73
MYOB Staff Post

398Posts

70Kudos

50Solutions

Hello @stella_cbs,

As the decommissioning is scheduled to happen on Thursday, August 24th, 2017 you will currently still be able to use your company file. Please be aware that this is only relevant if your company file is an online file.

If your file is online, even if it's checked out, you will still need to upgrade to the latest version of AccountRight.

You can update to the latest version of AccountRight by following the below steps from our help article 'Why do I need to update AccountRight?' as mentioned by @Neil_MPlease note you must have an active subscription to be entitled to updates.

How to update AccountRight:

When you open your company file, AccountRight will check for any updates you're entitled to. If an update is available, you will be prompted to download and install it.

Update now button not showing?
That's OK, you might already be using the latest version. To check, please go to 'Help -> About MYOB AccountRight'. 

If you're not using the latest version and you have a current AccountRight subscription you can download the latest version:

Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation. All available updates including compliance updates are accessible through my.MYOB.

I hope this helps, let us know how you go and please don’t hesitate to post anytime you have a question. We are always happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Partner Stella
9 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Stella
Contributing Partner

9Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kym

It all looks as if it is 2017.1.1  -  ie it is confirmed if I hover over the icon in the task bar, also confirmed in the Help section of the data file and I am also 2017 tax scales.

I only have 2017.1.1 on my task bar

Stella

Stella Familton
Bookkeeping with Precision
MYOB Certified Consultant
398 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Melissa73
MYOB Staff Post

398Posts

70Kudos

50Solutions

Hello @Stella,

Thanks for your post and thank you @Kym__Yeoward for your suggestion as it is something we would ask the client to check.

Could you confirm where you are seeing this error and when it occurs? Eg. Is it occurring when you are first opening the software or the file? Is the file online?

Once we have confirmed this additional information, I will be able to troubleshoot a bit further.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Leggework
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Leggework
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am trying to do the upgrade.

Apart from the warning when I open up MYOB there is nothing to click on to do the upgrade?

I went to your web site to do the upgrade downloaded it but the install failed. I tried again same result

Can you please assist

thanks

398 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Melissa73
MYOB Staff Post

398Posts

70Kudos

50Solutions

Hello @Leggework,

Thanks for posting and I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

What is the error message you are receiving when you try to do the installation?

What version of AccountRight are you currently running?

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User GPVS
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
GPVS
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Good afternoon

I have gone in to do the download under the sever edition.

It runs through the download and than asks "Choose the program you want to open"

What program am I suppose to open ????  - If I browse there are only 2 options for Myob

MYOBOBDC & MYOBODBCAU10

Normally when you do an update it would automatically put it to the correct file.  I just don't know what is happening.

Help please

thank you

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post