AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

MYOB Staff Post Melissa73
397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Re: AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

Hello @GPVS,

Thank you for your post.

Could I please confirm the file type of the downloaded installer? The installer that is downloaded should be a .exe file and will run using the Microsoft InstallShield software.

Can I also confirm where you obtained the download link from?

I hope this helps, please let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Leggework
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Hi Melissa,

Cuccently running 2017.1  It says unable to complete installation. I did not write down the error number if there was one?

397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @Leggework,

If you are currently running 2017.1 and you are getting an error installing there are a few reasons this could be occurring.

Can you please confirm if you are running the server edition or PC edition? If you are running the server edition you will first need to uninstall then reinstall using the full installer (.exe file type). If you are running the PC edition you will need to download and run the patch update (.msp file type).

When you went to the website to download the update was this within your my.MYOB account page which requires a login or was it from a public page? If using the PC edition and you require the patch update you will need to login to your my.MYOB account to access this download link under 'Products -> Downloads'

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User NATO
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi

I am also getting the same warning message saying I have not upgraded. But have upgraded to the new version and confrimed under the help menu that it is 2017.1

Thanks

Natalie

CBPaulm
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

We have been sent a message to update but the update button does not work?

397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @NATO,

Thanks for your post. I can see you have created another post 'Update' where you have confirmed which version you are using after checking within the company file.

As you have said you can see 2017.1 as the version number, I just wanted to let you know if you do use payroll, you will need to make sure you are using AccountRight 2017.1.1 (It will say 2017.1.1 in the 'Help -> About MYOB AccountRight' window) so you can load the new tax tables for this payroll year.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @CBPaulm,

Thanks for your post and welcome to MYOB's Community Forum, we hope you find it full of valuable information!

When you click the 'Update now' button does anything at all happen?

Something to try would be to close your AccountRight software and then reopen it using a slightly different method by right-clicking on your current AccountRight icon and selecting the option 'Run as Administrator'. The program will seem to open as normal, but this method of opening may get the 'Update now' button to work.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User NATO
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks Melissa.

Sorry yes I am using 2017.1.1. But still getting the message to say I need to upgrade when I log in.  Is this a problem ?

Thanks

Natalie

397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @NATO,

I can confirm if it is saying you are using 2017.1.1 and still getting the update prompt when entering your file this is caused by a bug and isn't a problem.

To stop the prompt popping up you should have a 'Don't show me again' tick box option on the window. Tick this and then click okay. The cause of this is sometimes related to the user clicking the red x in the top right corner whenever the prompt appears, therefore not letting AccountRight know that the process of updating has been completed!

I hope that helps explain as to why the prompt is still appearing, but it definitely isn't a problem in regards to your company file.

Please don’t hesitate to post anytime you have a question. We are always happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
NazRukstarr
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi Melissa,

I have updated via the link in my MYOB file but once completed the "About MYOB AccountRight" doesn't say I'm running 2017.1.1  but rather 2017.1.0  -  is this OK to use??

(The Build states it as: 2017.1.19.7037)

If you could please confirm as I've never had a problem updating before.

Thanks! Narelle

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post