Re: AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

Thanks Melissa

Contributing Partner Stella
9 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Hi Melissa

Confirming that I am using 2017.1.1. and have the latest tax tables installed.  The only AR icon on my task bar is 2017.1.  I have opened several files today without the upgrade message, however am receiving it on 4 files that are under the one serial number.  This client is on a subscription, files are in the cloud and were upgraded to 2017.1.1. earlier this month, which is confirmed under the Help tab.  The message is received on opening the data files.

If I click on the Update Now option nothing happens.

I believe this is a glitch with this particular client as it does not seem to occur with other client files.

Stella Familton
Bookkeeping with Precision
MYOB Certified Consultant
Contributing Cover User Sue_finance
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

We are using 2017.1 and we get the message to upgrade. The upgrade does not work. I went to the MYOB login page and downloaded the file as instructed but when I tried to install it, got an error message that it was already installed.

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

I logged in as administrator and the upgrade button still did not work

MYOB Staff Post Melissa73
397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @NazRukstarr,

Thanks for your post and welcome to MYOB's Community Forum, we hope you find it full of valuable information!

Just to confirm, are you referring to the 'Update now' banner across the top when you are in your company file? If so, another workaround to try would be to close your AccountRight software and then reopen it using a slightly different method by right-clicking on your current AccountRight icon and selecting the option 'Run as Administrator'. The program will seem to open as normal, but this method of opening may get the 'Update now' button to work.

If updating the software isn't working, a work around would be to uninstall AccountRight 2017.1 and then download and install the full installer for AccountRight 2017.1.1 available on our 'AccountRight Download' page.

I hope this helps, please let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @Stella,

It's great to hear all your files all are up to date and running on the correct version.

To stop the prompt popping up you should have a 'Don't show me again' tick box option on the window. Tick this and then click okay. The cause of this is sometimes related to the user clicking the red x in the top right corner whenever the prompt appears, therefore not letting AccountRight know that the process of updating has been completed!

Please let me know if the above solution stops the prompt popping up because if it doesn't it could certainly be a glitch that needs to be looked into further.

Thank you again for your post.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @Sue_finance,

Thanks for your post and welcome to MYOB's Community Forum, we hope you find it full of valuable information!

Does anything at all happen when you click the upgrade button? Do you mean you logged into the company file as an administrator or that you opened AccountRight using the 'Run as Administrator' option mentioned previously in this post?

If updating the software isn't working, a workaround would be to uninstall AccountRight 2017.1 and then download and install the full installer for AccountRight 2017.1.1 available on our 'AccountRight Download' page.

I hope this helps, please let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
NazRukstarr
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

EDIT / UPDATED REPLY

Hi Melissa,

Yes that is the button/banner I was referring to, when I updated it has downloaded to 2017.1.0 which is currently working all OK, however it isn't 2017.1.1 

None of the links provided were working, they were all coming up as I have Cancelled the install.  *Have now found out this is because it wasn't to update the file but a whole new install program, so once we uninstalled all previous versions and downloaded the new version it has worked. 

Thanks Melissa and thanks to my sister as I didn't have enough guts to uninstall as I was worried about all my data Haha!

Thanks, Narelle

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Melissa

I tried to follow the  fixes suggested for others to use. Nothing happens when I hit the "Upgrade now". I opened account right using the run as administrator option but that did now work either.

If I uninstall AR 2017.1 will this compromise my data files at all? I have some company files online and some not online.

397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hey @NazRukstarr,

That's not good to hear at all, I apologise for all the inconvenience this has caused and all the time you have wasted.

When the 'User cancelled installation' error happens during installation, using the 'Run as Administrator' process on the downloaded .exe installation file (if it is a full install) will stop this happening.

As you have said, you will worry about this at a later date, so when the time comes please don't hesitate to post on the forum or even by messaging me directly as I would be more than happy to assist. To do this click on my username '@Melissa73' and then click on the green 'Send a message' button.

I apologise again for all the time you have spent trying to get this up to date.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post