AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

MYOB Staff Post Melissa73
397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Re: AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

Hello @homeoffice,

Thanks for your post and welcome to MYOB's Community Forum, we hope you find it full of valuable information!

So you are currently running 2016.3? If so, and updating the software isn't working, a workaround would be to uninstall AccountRight 2017.1 and then download and install the full installer for AccountRight 2017.1.1 available on our 'AccountRight Download' page.

I hope this helps, please let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
homeoffice
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

no im not running 2016 im update and have been for awhile now.

Just keep getting the reminder to update.

I have no doubt as to the version im on as i have check everything and im def 2017.1

I have checked the box "do not show this again" i was just concerned it would stop working because of the msg.

Leggework
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Hi,

I am using version 2017.1.0

Trying to upgrade it but see no button to click to do the upgrade.

Also have another company on my account that has closed down and the MYOB account needs to be closed pleased it is called Worzel Ltd.

397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @homeoffice,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There is no reason to be concerned, it is just a current bug.

Your file/software won't stop working!

Thanks again for your post and please don’t hesitate to post anytime you have a question. We are always happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
397 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hello @Leggework,

Thanks for your post.

I suspect the reason you cannot see the upgrade button is because the AccountRight 2017.1.1 patch update was released only to provide the new tax tables for Australia. As you are a New Zealand user, AccountRight 2017.1 is the latest version for you.

I will need to get some account details for you in order to close your file. I will send you a private message shortly in regards to this. You can access your private messages by clicking on your display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then selecting the envelope icon that appears.

I hope this helps, please don’t hesitate to post anytime you have a question. We are always happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
TRIX
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I still have the update message coming up telling me I'm using an older version of MYOB. I'm using AccountRight Premier AU 2017.1.1

I have uninstalled every MYOB component of the computer and reinstalled the latest edition.

Can I get a tip on what else I can try please.

Thank you

Benn078
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Hi Neil,

The notice to update pops up whenever open MYOB but I am unable to click on to update.

Are you able to show me how to do so?

I'm not sure if I'll recieve your reply in this forum so my email would be best to reply to.

Thanks.

Ben

MJS128
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

The upgrade button doesnt work and when I try and update version from the MYOB website, it cancels before installation.

Please advise solution.

Thx

Contributing Partner Andy10
11 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

I am also seeing this error message, but only on one clients file.  I have checked the software version and it is definitely 2017.1.1 and the clients file is 2017.1 in my list.

The error occurs when first opening the file. The file is online.

Andrea

MYOB Partner

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @TRIX

I would start by checking that the file is indeed in AccountRight 2017.1.1, which you can do by going to Help >> About and ensure that your product is showing as AccountRight 2017.1.1. If this is what your file is showing as then you have upgraded successfully.

If you are receiving the pop up prompt when logging in, to stop it coming up you need to tick the box in the bottom left hand corner labelled “Got it don’t show me again” and then click the close button in the bottom right hand corner of that message.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post