Cover User
Australia
CLCRF
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2016.3 Decommissioning

I have installed 2017.1.1 but keep getting the update message - even when I have ticked the got that box.

Reid
1 Post
Cover User
Reid
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am having the same problem as Kim, I have done the upgrade (3 times), synchronised the file and closed and reopened and still the message appears when i open the file that i need to update now. I have also gone onto MYOB through the task bar and am definetly using version 2017.1.1.

Thanks

Toni

MYOB update message.PNG
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,224 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6224Posts

377Kudos

1006Solutions

Hi @CLCRF,

I can see you've already posted more details of the question here - Update, which I've just responded to. 

Please feel free to post any further communication there as well. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,224 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6224Posts

377Kudos

1006Solutions

Hi @Reid,

I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

When you have the company file open, please do double check under Help > About, the product version number should be 2017.1.1, build number 2017.1.19.8022. If that's the case for you, then you are on the latest version.

On the upgrade prompt screen, please tick the option 'Got it, don't show me again' at the bottom left corner, this prompt shall then away then. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
CLCRF
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
CLCRF
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yep - it says 2017.1.1 .  I uninstalled the older myob and installed this one.  Have now updated tax tables too.  Thanks.

Steve51
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Steve51
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Why not have the latest program in the cloud that we access instead of having a sreen full of MYOB Icons on the desktop, that way everybody would always be using the latest version. Having to update the program every time you have a minor change is very frusrating unlike other accounting packages like Xero, Sassu, Quickbooks etc that you log on using the web site and the current program is there to use with all the updates, which is seamless, and the user does not have to worry if they are using the latest version or going to be locked out if they do not update.

You have only started using version 2017.1.1 so why so quick to loose 2016.3.  Hypothetically if you made update every week then users would be locked out after 2 weeks under the current situation of lockout after 2 program updates.

The requirement to continually update programs onto the users computer is one of the reasons MYOB is not user friendly.

Regards

Steven

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

Hi @Steve51

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I do hope you find it a great resource.

We do have a solely web based program, which can be accessed through simply logging into our MYOB Essentials website. Unlike MYOB Essentials however, AccountRight does give you the option of storing the file online, or locally on that computer. With MYOB Essentials you are limited to storing your file online and as a result if there was an internet outage you wouldn’t have access to your file.

As a general rule, to ensure that our servers run as efficiently as possible, only the last two versions are hosted online. With the release of AccountRight 2017.1.1, this means that the latest two versions are AccountRight 2017.1 and 2017.1.1. Because of this we are decommissioning the older AccountRight 2016.3 to ensure the best possible performance for the versions that are hosted online.

We do recognise that not all clients enjoy the process of updating which is why we do not release updates every other week. When our team do plan an update, they do consider how long it has been since the previous update. Additionally, they try and focus on quality over quantity when it comes to updates, so instead of releasing updates every week they combine a number of updates into a single release.

Its worth mentioning that there may be external factors that necessitate an update, such as the ATO releasing an update to the previously published tax tables for the payroll year.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Dolphin
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Dolphin
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have updated my version to 2017. How do I update my live  company file to the same version?Thank you

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

HI @Dolphin

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

To update your AccountRight company file you need to open your company file in the latest version. When you do you will be presented with a prompt to upgrade your file, choose the option to upgrade and your file will open. This will upgrade your file into the version you have chosen to open it in.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
shazacam
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
shazacam
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I Am having exactly the samt problem I am running

account right basic 17.1.1 but when I log in it tells me to upgrade and my files are online!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post