Australia
BevSmith
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Company file can't be found

Even though I can see the MYOB files in the Library, when I click on any of them, it copmes up with the message "Company file can't be found". (this happened after an error report from opening a report from within the reports menu)

8 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,016 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6016Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Company file can't be found

Hi @BevSmith

Generally speaking that particular error message means that for some reason AccountRight is unable to find the company file on your computer. Sometimes this can happen if the company file has been moved, its extension has been changed, or its name has been changed into something that AccountRight doesn’t recognise.

Are you able to clarify a couple of things so we can help get these files working for you?

• When you are attempting to open these files, are you doing so through the Recently Opened Company File list or through the Library Browser?
  • Are you able to open any of the Clearwater sample company files? Or do you receive the same error?
  • Have you used the Set Library Location tool to change the AccountRight Library location at all?

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Seahorse1
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
Seahorse1

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi - I'm trying to access my company file through the "recently opened company files" and I'm getting the message "Company File can't be found." I haven't done anything to any setup files.

I think that there may have been a Windows upgrade done since I last opened MYOB.

Help !!!

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,016 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6016Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

Hi @Seahorse1

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

If you are experiencing that error when trying to open files listed in your Recently Opened Company Files, then it can mean the path that AccountRight is using to look for that file has changed in some fashion.

I’d start by using the Open a Company File option on the menu and then choosing the appropriate library, such as your My Library, to open your file.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Seahorse1
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
Seahorse1

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi – yes I’ve already tried the Open a Company File option on the menu and then choosing the appropriate library, such as your My Library, to open your file.

But under My Accountright Files, there is only a samples folder.  Under the NZ subfolder, it has Clearwater (Basis, Plus,Standard, Premier,)

There’s nothing that says Sea Horse Sea Freight.

Is it one of these ?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,016 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6016Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

Hi @Seahorse1

The Clearwater files are just sample files that are included with your installation that you can use as test files to get a feel for AccountRight before creating your own company file.

If the company file does not appear under your My Library, where it did previously, then it can mean one of two things. It can mean that the library location has changed or that something has happened to the company file itself. This could take the form of the company file being moved, deleted or something else has happened to the file.

You can view where AccountRight is looking for the company file by hovering your mouse over the company name in the recently opened company file list. This will bring up a pink box which will show you the file path of where AccountRight expects the file to be. If your company file isn’t in this location then you may need to either restore a backup or do a search on your computer for your company file name or *.myox to see if your company file is on this computer.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Seahorse1
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
Seahorse1

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The pink box isn't showing a path it just says "Click to open Sea Horse Sea Freight Ltd. Last opened 9/1/2018."

Do I just restore from the last back up or try to get Microsoft to find the file ?

Seahorse1
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
Seahorse1

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I did a search for the *.myox as you said & the only thing that came up were the Clearwater PDF files with yesterday's date on them so obviously the ones that I was clicking on whilst trying to find my company files. I rang Microsoft & they couldn't help me either. Do I need to re-store from my last back up ?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,016 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6016Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

Hi @Seahorse1

That particular message on the pink box would only come up if you were trying to access an online company file, as files that are stored in your local library will have a listed path.

If your file is online and you are receiving that message, then it can mean that either the file has been removed from the online library or the email address details you are using to log into the online file have been revoked.

If that’s the case you would either need to speak to the administrator of the online file to ascertain what has happened, whether the online file has been removed or your email address revoked for some reason. Alternatively you could restore your latest backup into your local library so that you have a copy of the file that you can access

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post