Australia
Tony-AFgyms
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Company online file removed

Hi, 

I had previously removed a subscription for one of my businesses and it has now been removed from the list of Company Files. 

I need to finalise the company file with my accountant and I can no longer gain access to do this. 

Is there a way to get this back? 

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,081 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21081Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Re: Company online file removed

Hi @Tony-AFgyms

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

When a company file has been removed from the cloud and/or the subscription ends we would recommend taking a backup of the company file via File>>Backup. This will allow you to retain the data for your records.

If the file has been removed, we may have a server backup of the company file that we may be able to retrieve (may be a cost associated with it) and provide so you can restore the file locally for your records. For us to arrange to see if that file is available we would need to grab the serial number (last four digits is fine) and the company file ID or possibly the company file name.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Tony-AFgyms
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Tony-AFgyms
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for the info. Had I known the file would be removed I would have made a back up however I would have thought it would have remained with my other files online but as a read only should I ever want to restart the account. 

As long as there is a way to get this back it should be fine. 

Serial number last 4 digits: 1128

Company name: Anytime Fitness Athelstone

The company ID I'm unable to find due to not having access to the data file. 

Let me know if you need any other info. 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,081 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21081Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Hi @Tony-AFgyms

Generally, a file that has been in the cloud but the subscription has not been renewed will remain in the cloud for a short period of time before being removed altogether. This is to allow for the user to renew the subscription to gain access to the file or access the file and retain a backup for their records.

In terms of that particular company, it does look like we have a server backup of the company file that we are able to retrieve for that company file to provide to yourself. Note there will be a slight charge ($49.95) for that online server backup retrieval.  We would be happy to arrange for that server backup retrieval process to take place in order to do so we do need to get some company details from yourself to arrange that. As such if you would like to send me a private message on the Forum with your best contact number (select my username @Steven_M then Send a Message when on my profile page) I'll be happy to go through that process for you.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post