Australia
learning
Trusted User

107Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

Customising Reports

Good morning

I would like to get a report out of MYOB and am unsure if I can get this one or if I need to customise.

I want to produce a Budget Analysis report which shows expenditure to a certain month (eg August) against the Budget for the full year.  I realise that I can get this if I produce the report before I enter anything in to MYOB for the next month however my problem is that I usually run a payroll before I produce end of month reports and therefore the Budget Analysis is including that payroll in the report.

Any suggestions - hoping someone can help

Thank you 

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,106 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21106Posts

2354Kudos

2950Solutions

Re: Customising Reports

Hi @learning

The Profit & Loss [Budget Analysis] report in AccountRight will show the budgeted value for the selected period. For example, if you run the report for October it will show you the budgeted value for October. The report will also show the actual values against the account for that selected period. 

If you wanted to show the budgeted values for the full year you could look at running the report for the full year, to grab the Budgeted values and then run it for the required period. You could then send the required copies of the report to Excel and then combine to get the desired outcome.

Alternatively, there may be some reporting add-ons available that could complete the task - the MYOB Add-on Solutions page does have a full range of add-ons available. I do that @Jennifer_Kelly has a reporting add-on, perhaps it can achieve what you are after.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Super Partner Jennifer_Kelly
324 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner

324Posts

228Kudos

26Solutions

Re: Customising Reports

Hi @learning

As @Steven_M some of the Addon solutions will be able to help you to produce a report like this.

Our Business Intelligence add-on BI4Cloud includes a very Flexible P&L report that includes all of the following columns on the one report Click here for more details:

• Actual v Budget
  • Month to date v Year to date v Last year
  • Full year Budget v Forecast 
  • By Account or Summary P&L

See an example below. It will automatically run for the "Last Month" date range which is used for Month to date and Year to date calculations, however also includes a Full Year budget and a Full Year forecast ( which is Actual for the Year to Last month + the Budget for the remaining months in the year).  Simply Hide any columns you don't want to display ( I have hidden the Prior year Mtd and Ytd columns as it did not sound like you needed those.)

P&L with Full yr Budget.png

We have exactly the same report that runs over Jobs data see - https://support.bi4cloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/224057407-Ultimate-Month-end-Job-P-L-With-Monthly-Job...

All detials about BI4cloud including a 14 day free trial are on our website BI4Cloud.com

I hope that helps

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post