IMPORT CUST CARDS - Item Price Level Field

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Experienced Cover User LoveOil
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
LoveOil
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

IMPORT CUST CARDS - Item Price Level Field

Hi there

I have just started using Accounts Right Standard 2014.4 and imported all data from excel . . . successfully.  The support notes list the Customer Item Price Level field in the Cust file specs but, when I export from MYOB, this field is not in the template file.

I am in the process of manually adding to 400 customers but, would like to know why this field is not available.

Cheers

9 REPLIES
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User

2847Posts

1408Kudos

480Solutions

Re: IMPORT CUST CARDS - Item Price Level Field

Hi @LoveOil 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Unfortunately I can confirm that the Customer Item Price Level values cannot be exported from the Customer Card in the AccountRight Standard 2014.4 product.

It is available to be exported from both the 2014.4 AccountRight Plus and AccountRight Premier products.

Perhaps somebody at MYOB can confirm that the functionality was never intended for the AccountRight Standard 2014.4 product.  Alternatively MYOB can otherwise advise that the inability to export Customer Item Price Level values from the AccountRight Standard 2014.4 product is an oversight and will be rectified in a future release.

Thank you for bringing this to the notice of the Community.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

Highlighted
Super Partner Nic-acc-addons
507 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner

507Posts

26Kudos

60Solutions

Hi LoveOil,

Looking at the PDF located http://files.myob.com.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/bd/pdf/AccountRight/AR_FACTSHEET_AU_WEB.pdf it should be part of the STANDARD version.

Have you tried importing to see if it is present in the import list.

It may be a bug that it cannot be exported, but it may be possible/available to import.  Try these steps.

1) Export the list of customers

2) Try to import the file back in

3) Go as far as matching the fields and see if they are available to be matched into, but missing from your export.

4) Do not import

If you find that they can be macthed, but are simply missing from the file format, just jot down the names of the columns and add it to your export file where they should "sit".

I hope this helps.

Nic - Lead Developer at Accounting Addons
Home | Blog | BudgetLink | ExcelReportLink | ODBClink | DirectDebitsLink

Email me at nic@accountingaddons.com.au
Phone us on 1300 ADDONS (1300 233667)
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,141 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21141Posts

2356Kudos

2954Solutions

Hi @LoveOil

As mentioned by @Tazinx the option to export the item price level field is included in the AccountRight Plus files and higher. It is currently not available for export or import  in AccountRight Standard company files. I've spoken with the support team here, we believe that it should be included in the AccountRight Standard company files. As such have forwarded the fact that the field is missing to the program developers to investigate and correct in a future update.

Currently the workaround would be to import the cards without the item price level field and then manually it after the fact. If you are transferring the cards between file you can run the Reports>>Cards>>Card List Detail report to give you the Price Level for a card.

The reasons why it is probably missed is due to the fact that AccountRight Classic i.e. version 19 the price matrix structure was available in AccountRight Premier or higher. So AccountRight Standard version 19 never had that option therefore when the program was updated to AccountRight Live it was decided to add in that feature to AccountRight Standard and Plus. It would seem that the field has never been set to be an exportable field for  AccountRight Standard however it was for AccountRight Plus.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User

2847Posts

1408Kudos

480Solutions

Hi @LoveOil , @Nic-acc-addons , @Steven_M and others reading this post,

Thank you very much Steven for your response; I do hope that it will soon be rectified by MYOB development Cat Happy

The attached PDF file lists the exportable/importable columns available for the customer card in all the AccountRight 2014 products and their available columns are listed side by side in a table.  Where the column is not available in a product I have placed an appropriate comment.

Edit 7/2/2015:-

Layout modifications to attached file AR Customer Card file layouts.pdf

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,141 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21141Posts

2356Kudos

2954Solutions

Hi @Tazinx 

Fantastic, great work on the PDF attachment about importing fields. Top effort! I hope others find it of some assistance.

You marked Identifiers as being in AccountRight Basics and not being exportable. Along with the Price Level field I've passed that on for you.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
LoveOil
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have had to manually update 450 customers!  The Price Level fields are unavailable in A/C Right Std 2014.4 as per the exported template - this is a bug, not a feature.  I look forward to seeing ALL of the fields in a Customer Card available for import so that new MYOB customers won't have to endure the laborious task of manual update

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,141 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21141Posts

2356Kudos

2954Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @LoveOil 

Thank you for your comments and feedback

As mentioned the missing field/s in the Import/Export Assistant has been passed onto the required required team to investigate and correct in a future update.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
LoveOil
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,141 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21141Posts

2356Kudos

2954Solutions

Hi @LoveOil 

You are welcome. If you do have any further enquires don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again,

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post