IMPORTING CARDS - Error 0: Unexpected import error - Access is denied

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User DaMota
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Solved: Go to Solution

IMPORTING CARDS - Error 0: Unexpected import error - Access is denied

We have had a company change and closed our original MYOB account and started a brand new one.

Before closing the old one I exported Customer/Supplier/Employee Cards and customised forms.

Now we have started using the new account, I have imported the forms with no problems.

When I try to import the cards, I keep getting an error and nothing is imported (see copy attached of the top of the Import Log for details).

I am frustrated trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have followed instructions on the MYOB Import/Export, chosen all the fields etc, but nothing is imported!

Really would appreciate advice.

import error.jpg
7 REPLIES
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

IMPORT ERROR - CARDS

We have had a company change and closed our original MYOB account and started a brand new one.

Before closing the old one I exported Customer/Supplier/Employee Cards and customised forms.

Now we have started using the new account, I have imported the forms with no problems.

When I try to import the cards, I keep getting an error and nothing is imported (see copy attached of the top of the Import Log for details).

I am frustrated trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have followed instructions on the MYOB Import/Export, chosen all the fields etc, but nothing is imported!

Really would appreciate adviceimport error.jpg

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,477 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: IMPORT ERROR - CARDS

Hi @DaMota

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Are you importing into an AccountRight cloud file or a file stored on your library, you can tell this by looking at the coloured bar down in the bottom right hand corner of your AccountRight file. If its online there will be a green bar, if the file is stored locally on that computer there will be a purple bar.

As you appear to be importing a sizeable amount of records into the file, you may want to try checking the file out by going to File >> Check out. Checking the file out downloads a copy of the file onto your computer, which can help reduce the number of things that could be interfering with the importing process.

In addition, it may be worth breaking the import file into smaller portions, so instead of importing 600+ records in one hit, splitting the import file up into groups of say 200 records will let the import go quicker and will aid in pinning down what could be the cause of the issue.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Neil,

well to answer your first question it is online and there is a green bar.

As far as the next two steps go, I have looked everywhere and checked the windows 10 help and I don't seem to be able to find the 'Check Out'  that you are talking about.  Not sure how to do it!  I went into the the folder the file is in but there is no options like that.

And I have no idea how to break the import file into smaller portions either!  

Sorry about this.

Regards,

Natalie

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,477 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Natalie ( @DaMota )

To check out your online company file, you need to log into your online file. Once the online file has been opened inside AccountRight, then you can go to File >> Check Out. This will start the check-out process on your online file. Once it has finished checking out

Breaking the import file into smaller portions would involve removing lines from your import file. You could do this through Excel, and cut and paste lines from one sheet onto another to split the information into multiple sheets, each of which can be saved as a separate file. If you aren’t sure on how to do this, you may need the assistance of your IT professional.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Neil,

unfortunately I can no longer log into the online file, it has been closed.

I only have the exported files to work with.

I will have to see if I can use the other option, although we do not have an IT person.

Thanks anyway,

Natalie

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,477 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

HI @DaMota

If the file has been taken off the cloud, and restored locally then you can try importing the information as it stands. A file that sits locally on your computer is very much the same as a checked out online file in that it is running on your computer as opposed to being online.

Please do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Neil,

I managed to restore locally and tried importing again, all worked this time.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Natalie

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post