Importing Item

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
AudreyGenie
4 Posts
User
Australia
AudreyGenie

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Item

Hi,

I want to clean up our item list in MYOB AccountRight.

Currently we have random values in Custom List & Custom Field (through years of use), that'd I'd like to clean up and delete so we can use these fields properly.

I've exported the item list, delete the values in these fields, and then import this back in.

The import is successful. But when I check the items, the Custom List & Custom Fields are not cleared out. I've tested adding strings of text in these fields, and that works, but as soon as I want to overwrite something with nothing in these fileds, it wont work.

I don't want to go into each item manually and delete the values from these fields. Is there another way?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner The_Doc
833 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner

833Posts

122Kudos

119Solutions

Re: Importing Item

Hi @AudreyGenie

I believe the custom list and custom field are held in a field in the database not directly accessible by the user or ODBC or the api.

This was the case for V19 and back - I could however do it via a backdoor cleaner I developed - I haven't upgraded to the new version with my cleaner.

MYOB might allow access in the new version but I don't think so.

The Doc

PS I might have misread the question and I could be totally wrong.

AudreyGenie
4 Posts
User
Australia
AudreyGenie

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Maybe with some screen shots I can explain better

Sample of my exported data: image 01

Sample of my cleaned up data: image 02

You can see I've altered some Item Names, Custom List 2, and removed the values in  Custom Field 1 & 2.

I have tried both methods of importing back to MYOB AccountRight - the two methods being saving the file as a CSV file, and as a TXT file.

It says the import was successful with no errors.

Now a sample of the data: image 03

You can see that the Item Names were successfully updated, so was Custom List 2, but Custom Field 1 & 2 have stayed the same, I couldn't replace something with nothing.

image 01.jpg
image 02.jpg
image 03.jpg
AudreyGenie
4 Posts
User
Australia
AudreyGenie

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

wow, my images are cut off Smiley Sad

Lets try again...

Example02.jpg
Trusted Partner eJulia
109 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
eJulia
Trusted Partner

109Posts

59Kudos

3Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Not much you can do with custom fields automatically apart, perhaps, replacing all the ones you do not want with a space or a dash.

For Custom Lists, go to Lists, Custom LIsts, Items and clean that up. Whenever you delete an item that is used, click OK to confirm that you want it removed from all items.

AudreyGenie
4 Posts
User
Australia
AudreyGenie

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Ok Thanks.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search