Australia
Danielle22
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Issuing receipts of payment

I am working for a charity. For tax purposes we are required to issue receipts for all donation payments paid via credit card/ bank transfers.

Wondering if there is an easy way that we can do this within MYOB?

Thanks,

9 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner GDay53
615 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

615Posts

612Kudos

114Solutions

Re: Issuing receipts of payment

@Danielle22

If you record the Donations through the Sales then all you need do is click on Print Receipts in the lower right of Flow chart of the Sales Command centre.

If you use Receive Money then again click on Print Recipts again lower right of flow chart for Banking Command centre.

On the Supplier Card you can also add a memo for the Receipt.

Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield

gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Contributing User Danielle22
16 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Danielle22
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @GDay53

Many thanks for your assistance.

I have had a quick review. Am I understanding correctly - the only way to do this is to print receipts and send via hard copy in the mail or save each one individually to a PDF file and go the "old fashioned" route of locating email address and attaching the receipts.

I thought at minimum we can do it as a batch email (similar to how we send out statements). I am wondering how other charities issue receipts (fortunately we have a high volume)

Ultimate Partner GDay53
615 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

615Posts

612Kudos

114Solutions

@Danielle22

Basically for printing Receipts - yes.

There is an alternative that one of the Chartirable organisations I work for uses.

Don't use Receipts at all.

Make your Template for your invoice read Tax Invoice / Receipt insteadof just Tax Invoice.

Then once the payment has been recorded you can just reissue the invoice, via email, which will now show that it has been paid. A lot easier than mucking around with the Receipts.

Graeme Day

MYOB Diamond Partner
16 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Danielle22
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @GDay53

Appreciate your continued help and suggesting an easier solution.

Am I correct in thinking that this will have to be done on an individual basis (vs bulk entry). We do not use a cloud based system  but if we were ot convert would we be able to do it in batch via Sent Emails?

And how easy would it be if when we transition to Bank Feeds (if my understanding is correct - we do not have to "manually" close invoices.

On another topic if you don't mind me asking - Do your charity organisations use third party CRM's that upload into MYOB. I understand my new employer uses iMIS and was hoping to research prior to commencing. - Thanks again

Thank you

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,282 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Tallie_M
MYOB Moderator

4282Posts

285Kudos

666Solutions

Hi @Danielle22,

In regards to using the Sent Emails window, you're able to do that without having your company file online so long as you have Outlook set up as the default emailing application. In this case, the invoices/receipts will be sent via Outlook using whichever e-mail address is set as the primary one in the emailing application. Note that this will send one e-mail per invoice/receipt, instead of sending all the invoices/receipts in one e-mail. Read more on our help page Sending emails using Microsoft Outlook.

As for using bank feeds, this feature will allow you to match the bank feed transactions to the invoices entered in your AccountRight system or to allocate the transaction to an account (used in the case where you have not created an invoice to match it to). Our help page About bank feeds provides further information.

I will leave your final query for @GDay53 to advise further.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner GDay53
615 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

615Posts

612Kudos

114Solutions

@Danielle22

Issuing invoices is the same as issuing statements you can do it bulk.

If you are using the Classic V19 in the Sales Command Centre you use Print / Email Statements.

To the right of that is Print / Email Invoices.

Just set the advanced filters how you want them then press send.

Using Bank Feeds will make the whole data entry much easier overall.

Most people find that once they understand how to use the bank feed and set up Rules and recurring to work, they can save up 70% of the time it takes to do the data entry. That is a big time saving.

The Charity organisantion I work for doesn't have any add on CRM they just use MYOB AccountRight 2017.2 and the built in CRM. You should check out the MYOB Add-ons page https://www.myob.com/au/addons/ to see if that CRM is listed and if not contact them direct to see about MYOB integration.

Graeme Day

MYOB Diamond Partner
16 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Danielle22
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Tallie_M@GDay53

Many thanks for the help you have provided.

Please will you confirm my understanding - the reference to Print/Email invoices/ receipts is essentially an invoice (that we can print as closed and hence payment is reflected).  The actual layout difference from the "Print Receipt' Layout.

If I am misunderstanding - please will you advise the process to email actual receipts (using the "Plain Paper Receipt Form"  which can be used for invoices in the Sales Command Centre.

However, as a charity in the majority of instances  we do not issue invoices but rather receive money as deposits into our bank account. Receipts of these payments are essential. (Currently it looks as though it can only be done using a print option)

Thanks again for your help.

@GDay53- I wil research the CRM Add on's further - thanks for your help.

Ultimate Partner GDay53
615 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

615Posts

612Kudos

114Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@Danielle22

"Please will you confirm my understanding - the reference to Print/Email invoices/ receipts is essentially an invoice (that we can print as closed and hence payment is reflected).  The actual layout difference from the "Print Receipt' Layout."

Yes that is correct.

"However, as a charity in the majority of instances  we do not issue invoices but rather receive money as deposits into our bank account. Receipts of these payments are essential. (Currently it looks as though it can only be done using a print option)"

Yes again, if you do not issue Invoice then the only option is print Receipts.

Graeme Day

MYOB Diamond Partner
16 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Danielle22
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you @GDay53

Appreciate all your assistance as always.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post