MAPI Email Error

kgordon
2 Posts
User
Australia

MAPI Email Error

I am running AccountRight Standard V 19.1. I recently upgraded MS Outlook to 2016 and since then I cannot send emails from MYOB. Msg is ''An email session could not be started. Please check your MAPI installation." Outlook is set as default and running properly, and I have tried uninstall/reinstall MYOB as per your suggestion but to no avail. According to historical posts, MYOB was working on a fix - has that been achieved?

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,227 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: MAPI Email Error

Hi @kgordon

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

AccountRight v19.1 is not tested and therefore not supported with Microsoft Outlook 2016. While some clients have got it working, it is not supported by us and generally will send one email before crashing, requiring you to restart AccountRight before sending another email.

MYOB did release an update for AccountRight v19 Classic Plus, Premier and Enterprise products.  This update from memory was the Compliance release for the 2016 -2017 Payroll year so would have been AccountRight v19.12. For clients running AccountRight Standard we would encourage them to upgrade to the AccountRight  Live range (i.e. AccountRight 2016.3) which has been tested and supported with Microsoft Outlook 2016, this is due to the fact that AccountRight Standard doesn't have compliance releases (no payroll module). 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
kgordon
2 Posts
User
Australia

Thanks Stephen,

Don't use payroll and don't plan on upgrading purely in order to send statements. Is there a workaround for sending statements, i.e. how can I send a printed version to pdf rather than to printer in MYOB and then email them manually?

Cheers

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
3,925 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi there @kgordon,

In the Print / Email Statements window, when you select a statement and hit Print, it should bring up a Windows Print window where you have the option to select your printer. In this case, instead of selecting an actual printer, you can select a software printer like PDF Creator.

If you don't have a software printer installed, there are many available online that you can download for free (for instance, CutePDF).

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post