MYOB Essentials - servers & data security

Highlighted
Contributing Partner PlatinumTax
13 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Essentials - servers & data security

Hi there, I am interested to know in what part of the world are data servers located for MYOB Essentials, and is the data protected by industry-standard encryption (128-bit)?

Thanks

C.

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner AlanT
800 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: MYOB Essentials - servers & data security

@PlatinumTax

Hi Corinne,

My partner manager sent me the following details some time back.  I wouldn't say it is extensive and it would be good if they were prepared to expand a bit more on the details:

Hi Alan,

I’ve dug up what I can around our security measures, most of what I had is around ARL but the below covers our cloud products system wide:

https://www.myob.com/au/about/security-commitment

You are also welcome to e-mail our security officer for more specific info around Essentials and internal staff access: privacy_officer@myob.com.au

Regards,

Alan

Community Manager Suja_P
5,339 Posts
Community Manager
Australia

Hi C (@PlatinumTax),

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can see that Alan has already responded with some information on the matter, along with a link to MYOB Security Commitment. And I understand that you have since contacted our privacy officer for further information. They will be in contact with you shortly (if not already) with the additional information that you've requested.

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Claudia-PM
1 Post
User
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi C, 

I'm your Partner Manager here and noticed your post and email to our Privacy officer. I will work with the privacy team to get an specific answer for you as soon as possible.

To give you a quick idea, however - MYOB uses Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure to store our client's data and as of recently the data is being stored in NSW and VIC. To show this, here is an article sharing this information: 

http://www.afr.com/technology/myob-bends-to-clients-cyber-security-fears-with-onshore-data-centres-2...

In addition, my understadning is that data is protected by industry-standard encryption. "[MYOB] are spending billion of dollars a year in security, far more than any of us could possibly ever spend defending the data centre itself," said Ron Lesh, managing director of superannuation administration software maker BGL, which uses Amazon to host client data. " However, our privacy officer will be able to provide you with more specific information about this point. 

Hope that helps and I will be in touch soon to ensure your query has been satisfied. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post