Contributing Cover User
tarohe-16
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Trial Balance out of Balance

Hi we have Online file and we set it up new.  We have discovered that our Trial Balance and also our Balance Sheet is out of balace by the same figure.  On further investigation we can see in the Historical Balancing the amount that it is out and when we go into the we cannot remove the figure.

Please advise what needs to be done to resolve this issue.

10 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner CathieR
957 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
CathieR
Ultimate Partner

957Posts

19Kudos

245Solutions

Re: Trial Balance out of Balance

Hi Tarohe,

Go to Setup>Balances>Account Opening Balances.

If the opening entries have been entered incorrectly you will have a balance in the Historical Balancing account.

Check the bottom of the Account Opening balances and it will state "amount left to be allocated",  that is how the historical balance occurs.

Check out the Opening balances of all accounts and make sure they have been entered correctly and not entered as a negative when they should be a positive or not the right amount.

Cathie Robilliard
BCom. (Acc/Finance) UNSW
MYOB Certified Consultant
BAS Agent
email:cathier@optusnet.com.au
Servicing Sydney South, NSW
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20834Posts

2312Kudos

2904Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @tarohe-16

As the Balance Sheet does have an out of balance we would need to arrange for the company file to be sent in for a data file investigation and possible repair. As such I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User tarohe-16
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
tarohe-16
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Nothing is left to be allocated.

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
tarohe-16
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have uploaded the file as per instructions given.  I had to upload it a second time as I didn't receive a confirmation to say that the original one was received.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20834Posts

2312Kudos

2904Solutions

Hi @tarohe-16

Just taking a look at that activity on the ticket, it does look that that corrected file has been returned to yourself.

If you do require further assistance with restoring that file and/or have any future enquiries don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
tarohe-16
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I should explain that our business is in Norfolk Island and our Accountant who is trying to fix our Trial balance is in central NSW so we are having to email responses and hence the delay in getting back to you.

We have not received the return file.  I'm thinking that our email software is blocking the file due to the size.

I'm confused given our file is on-line why you cannot access our file directly that way and resolve the issue?  Also we have now worked a week on the file and if we where to upload the corrected file we will loose a week worth of work.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20834Posts

2312Kudos

2904Solutions

Hi @tarohe-16

I understand speaking with the team they have issued out an email to yourself on 20th September with a link to the FTP account with a copy of the repaired company file so you can retrieve that file and checked. Once you are happy with that file, you can reply to that email with current file so the same repair can be completed. If you have not received that email, I would be checking your spam and junk folders as it has been sent from our end.

In terms of the file being on the cloud, some issues we can run a script for online files or access to resolve an enquiry but in this case we do require a copy of the file to be sent in for us to repair.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
tarohe-16
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

It's Jackie the clients bookkeeper.  My client has had no luck finding the email with the response about the file, due to the distance I cannot go to their office to look for myself.  I would like to get the problem resolved.  Are you able to email them direct to get my contact details so that I can receive the emails to resolve the problem and act on their behalf.  Once you have my contact details I would like you to re-issue the email from the 20th to myself and the client, I will attend to the email on behalf of the client and once I'm happy the issue has been resolved I will do another backup to send the updated file and we will get it resolved that way.

Thanks for you help.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20834Posts

2312Kudos

2904Solutions

Hi @tarohe-16

Sorry about the delay in getting back to yourself in regards to this enquiry.

Yes, we can arrange for the email communications to be sent through to a different email address if required. We would need to grab the email address that you wish the emails to be sent through. If you could private message this email address to myself via the MYOB Community Forum I'll be happy arrange for that one to be completed.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post