Trial Balance out of Balance

tarohe-16
4 Posts
Cover User

Trial Balance out of Balance

Hi we have Online file and we set it up new.  We have discovered that our Trial Balance and also our Balance Sheet is out of balace by the same figure.  On further investigation we can see in the Historical Balancing the amount that it is out and when we go into the we cannot remove the figure.

Please advise what needs to be done to resolve this issue.

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner CathieR
956 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: Trial Balance out of Balance

Hi Tarohe,

Go to Setup>Balances>Account Opening Balances.

If the opening entries have been entered incorrectly you will have a balance in the Historical Balancing account.

Check the bottom of the Account Opening balances and it will state "amount left to be allocated",  that is how the historical balance occurs.

Check out the Opening balances of all accounts and make sure they have been entered correctly and not entered as a negative when they should be a positive or not the right amount.

Cathie Robilliard
BCom. (Acc/Finance) UNSW
MYOB Certified Consultant
BAS Agent
email:cathier@optusnet.com.au
Servicing Sydney South, NSW
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,798 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @tarohe-16

As the Balance Sheet does have an out of balance we would need to arrange for the company file to be sent in for a data file investigation and possible repair. As such I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
tarohe-16
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Nothing is left to be allocated.

tarohe-16
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I have uploaded the file as per instructions given.  I had to upload it a second time as I didn't receive a confirmation to say that the original one was received.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,798 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @tarohe-16

Just taking a look at that activity on the ticket, it does look that that corrected file has been returned to yourself.

If you do require further assistance with restoring that file and/or have any future enquiries don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post