Trial Balance out of balance

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
Kiwidino
4 Posts
User
Kiwidino

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Trial Balance out of balance

I have what I assume is the same problem as others on this forum.  They have been solved through private messaging from MYOB support, as per this: http://community.myob.com/t5/Getting-started-with/Trial-Balance-out-of-balance/m-p/245667#M39582

I am posting as a new post in the hope in the hope MYOB support will also get in touch with me and provide a solution.

My Trial Balance and Balance sheet are fine as at financial year end (31 March) but after rolling the year, from 1 April onwards, they are out of balance by a consistent amount.  A list of transactions dated 1 April includes what appears to be a one-sided transaction, transferring the previous year's profit to retained earnings.  This differs from the Profit and Loss report for the previous year by exactly the amount the file is out of balance by.  Seems highly likely there is some problem with the transfer to retained earnings.  Would love to hear from MYOB.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21528Posts

2409Kudos

3033Solutions

Re: Trial Balance out of balance

Hi @Kiwidino

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

Generally with Trial Balance or Balance Sheet out of balances we do need to arrange for the company file to be sent in for an investigation and possible repair. Just before we arrange that would you mind confirming what version of the program you are using? This can be checked via Help>>About AccountRight

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Kiwidino
4 Posts
User
Kiwidino

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for responding.  Version is 2014.4.16.7861.  

Regards.

Kiwidino
4 Posts
User
Kiwidino

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hey MYOB! You asked what version and I replied.  Two weeks ago.  Are you  going to get back to me?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21528Posts

2409Kudos

3033Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Kiwidino

Sorry about the delay in getting back to yourself.

I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Also while we have the file we do encourage you to continue to work on the company file, the repair team will be in contact once they have taken a closer look at your file.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Kiwidino
4 Posts
User
Kiwidino

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

That sorted it, thanks.