Unable to change incorrectly entered conversion date

TanyaM
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Unable to change incorrectly entered conversion date

Hello, I have discovered like many others on this forum that the conversion date is unable to be changed, is MYOB looking into rectifying this, it seems it causes many users a problem.  Currently I have a client who attempted to create a new data file and has put the incorrect conversion date 1 month from now so I am unable to enter anything prior to this date.  Can MYOB go in an change it for us?  If not then I can create a new data file but I will need assistance to move the bank feeds over to the new data file that have been setup to the existing data file that shows the incorrect date

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,218 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Unable to change incorrectly entered conversion date

Hi @TanyaM

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

When creating the company file using the New Company File Assistant the user will be required to set a conversion month. This would generally be the month that you first wanted to enter the transactions from. Once that company file has been created i.e. you have completed the New Company File Assistant, this is date is set and is unable to be changed. 

If you have set the incorrect month as the conversion month you would be looking at creating a new company file with the correct conversion month. If you have already activated that company file we may need to deactivate that original (incorrect) file. As we do need to confirm some details to arrange for that, can you send me the serial number of that company file via Forum private message and I would be happy to assist with that process for you.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post