New Zealand
deedee
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

myob freezes after back up

when I back up or synchronise the file freezes and I have to end task and retry.

any ideas

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,316 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6316Posts

662Kudos

872Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: myob freezes after back up

Hi @deedee

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

When you backup and synchronise your company file, depending on various factors the process can take some time. During this time, it can appear as if AccountRight has frozen while infact it is backing up and processing behind the scenes. I recommend leaving the computer to complete the backup once you initiate it, even if the process appears to have not moved for a couple of minutes.

Alternatively, you can also check the file out by going to File >> Check Out first, which will download a copy of that file onto your computer. You can then open this checked out file and backup from that copy. Once the backup has completed then you can check the file back in by going to File >> Check In

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
deedee
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
deedee
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil,

this is far quicker I'm going to time the back ups on the various files

appreciate the help

Contributing Cover User 28Noob
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
28Noob
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, what about when synching, and the synch is finished, but it is still frozen? This happens to me quite a bit... I leave it to synchronise, then when I come back to it a few minutes later, and it says "synchronisation complete" down the bottom, I then go to close it or do something else, and it NEVER lets me go elsewhere. The only time it does is if I watch it like a hawk & do it IMMEDIATELY the synchronisaiton is complete. It has been doing this for some time, and I end up having to End Task, then go and reopen and hope that everything is ok...  I don't know anything about file-> check out or in, but am really starting to get frustrated that this keeps happening. Please note, I am not a tech person, so you will need to explain anything as if you are explaining it to my mum...ie non geek friendly! Thanks. Smiley Happy

MYOB Moderator JakeN
727 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
JakeN
MYOB Moderator

727Posts

120Kudos

85Solutions

Hi @28Noob,

Can I grab a several additional details from you? They are:

• What version of Windows are you running AccountRight in?
  • What version of AccountRight do you have?
  • Are you your computer connected to a network and if so it is is a terminal device?
  • Does your computer have a screen saver after leaving it for a little while?
  • Does your computer go on standby after a while?
  • Are there any errors that show up on your screen?
  • What are your specifications for your computer?

Once you have these details please post a reply with the answers so we can determine what course of action needs to be taken. Or other questions that may need to be answered.

Kind regards,
JakeN
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

Contributing Cover User 28Noob
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
28Noob
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi JakeN

I have windows 10 and AccountRight 2017.2.  I am not connected to a network, it's on a laptop and we have cloud backup. I do have a screen saver and it does go on standby I guess if I walk to the post office and back....? (if you mean do I have to log back in) 

I don't get any errors when I am working on it, it's simply when I minimise the screen and do other things and then try and go back to it, it doesn't respond in any way.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L50D and I'm assuming this is what you mean? It's 4Gb RAM, 64 bit operating system, AMD A6 processor. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help.

C

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post