Rebecca-WASP
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

please help me for Long Service Leave

Hi, please can anyone help me,

One of our staff already work for our company 10 years, and i find out we didnot record any LSL before. Could anyone please help me how to record the LSL in the MYOB for this staff now and After how should I record for other corrent staffs?

Thank you very much

Daisy

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,128 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4128Posts

2913Kudos

642Solutions

Re: please help me for Long Service Leave

@Rebecca-WASP

LSL varies from state to state so you need to be aware of the regulations in your state. With the exception of SA/NT, most of Oz has a 13 weeks after 15 years rule. SA and NT run 13 weeks after 10years. All states have a rule that after seven years you are entitled to pro rata payout on termination. google LSL (your state) and you will find the local regulations. Vic business has a LSL calculator which is very good.

I will explain the Vic 15 year system we use in MYOB;

Hourly full time staff accrue LSL at 1.666*% of gross hours, with Overtime/s HLL and hourly allowances exempted

Salary staff accrue LSL on a per annum basis at 32.9333* hours per annum.

Part time staff are usually hourly and have special rules when it comes to calculation of amount payable when the leave is paid.

Maternity leave and leave without pay need to be excluded from your calculation.

Set up an excel and work out the hours due to various staff members, link them to LSL accrual and do a void pay to bring your file up to date

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Contributing Cover User Rebecca-WASP
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Rebecca-WASP
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Ron,

Thank you for your reply,

we in WA, and LSL in WA is 8 and 2/3 weeks after 10 years of contiuous employment working in the sames business.

this staff members during these 10years didnot have any unpaid leave, so she should have entitled for full 8 2/3 weeks LSL, but because we never record LSL into the myob system before, so i am not sure how do i do to make the systerm show LSL for her now, and if she wants to take the LSL, there is no record how do i make up the payslip.

Could you please help me with this problem? really appreciate.

best regard

Daisy

4,128 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4128Posts

2913Kudos

642Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@Rebecca-WASP

The WA system is the same accrual rate is the same as the Victorian rate, it is just that it can be used earlier.

If you do not have LSL accrual as an Entitlement then you will need to set it up. if you have hourly and salary make sure that you set up two with the accruals that i mentioned earlier.

On an excel you will have to work out the amount of hours due since the start of employment - obviously 8.666 x hours in working week is going to cover the first ten years, you will have to use the hours since the 10 year anniversary and multiply those by 1.666% to get it up to date. Once done it can be entered using a void pay.

Void Pay Ch# ADJLSL no $$ no super no AL or PL accrual and put the figures into LSL. YES/OK and record

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
4,128 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4128Posts

2913Kudos

642Solutions

@Rebecca-WASP

I forgot to add you may also need to setup Wages category LSL and the accrual needs to be reduced when LSL is taken.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Contributing Cover User Rebecca-WASP
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Rebecca-WASP
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

hi Ron,

thank you very much for your help, the problem been fixed.

Very much appreciated.

Daisy

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post