Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Sign on window to remember email address

Experienced Partner

80Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

80 Posts
Experienced Partner

2016.03 brings a new logon screen.

Ok cool that you can stay signed in for 12 hours.

But annoying that I have to enter my email address every morning - why can't this be saved?

I don't see it as a security risk.

"2016.03 New Sign in window - save the email address!"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight 2016.3 new login process

From today your email address will be automatically remembered, so you will only need to enter a password when logging in. You will need to enter your email address manually the first time you sign in today, then it will be remembered.

Please note that if you manually sign out from AccountRight i.e. select Log Out in the Library Browser the email address will not be remembered.

Rest assured that we've taken on board your feedback and the many suggestions we've received on the Community Forum, and will continue to update the sign-in experience in the new year. 

33 Comments
wendy_12345
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Why doesn't the email address remain stored in the login details of the new update, 2016.3?

Whose bright idea was that?

Rapidtools
9 Posts
Cover User

Seriously - no login details to be saved!! This is rediculous and annoying. Password I can accept as a worst case scenario, but email address as well it's just crap.  This needs updating sooner rather than later please.

Mandy-15-nfp
Trusted Cover User
47 Posts
Trusted Cover User

totally agree. dont mind entering my password every time but not the email address. email addresses are common knowledge anyway so i dont see the drama in having it stored.

Waza13
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Not

happy

Jan...

Fionab
5 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree

Narell68
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'm also very frustrated at having to log in every single time I now go into MYOB.

FrenchlineInd
14 Posts
Cover User

I am also very interested in seeing how this can be changed as it is very irritating that every person in my office has to do this now along with myself. Being the boss i like to sign them into the file without them knowing the password ect and then have them sign into there own user.

With this new release i now have to let them know the password or i have to do it for 5 different computers everyday.

Surely there is a fix for this and hopefully someone from MYOB will answer very soon.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea

As has been indicated a change was made with the release of AccountRight 2016.3 to move to a more secure log in feature. As part of this feature currently users are required to enter their AccountRight Live login details including their username/email address and password when opening a company file.

This is the first initial stage of the new AccountRight Live Login process and we currently looking into options available to look at obtaining an appropriate balance between convenience and security

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @FrenchlineInd

I understand the frustration that you have with the login. I assume that you have a generic or perhaps only one email address and that is what you use.

Do your staff have their own email addresses or can you setup additional ones under your ISP access? If so then I suggest that separate my.myob logins be created for these email addresses, with a different password to that you use as the boss. this will help to maintain security.

Cheers

David

Jameshasel
2 Posts
Cover User

Agree a very annoying aspect, please revert to the old system