Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Copy existing transaction

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

please provide ability to copy existing quotes / sales

you could include the button copy sale to copy a sale / quote when beggining a new one.

or

use an existing quote / sale and change its invoice number to save it as a new quote/sale instead of overwriting the original invoice number.

"copy invoice or quote"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser interface allows users to select the Save and Duplicate option. Using this option you can duplicate the invoice ready for another customer to be added or additional information.

14 Comments
AndrewSimms
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please provide the function to copy existing quotes and sales.

Two easy ways I have thought this could work are:

Include a button called copy sale to copy a sale / quote.

or

Use an existing quote or sale and change the invoice number to save it as new a new sale instead of overwriting the original.

Tess21
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi It would be great if you could copy a bill, order or sales invoice rather than entering all details again. I often have to enter very similiar orders, invoices or bills one after another. Would be great if I could save time by having a copy option.

albrefrig
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It would be great for quotes too.

AndrewSimms
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have posted about this previously but given this was a year ago and longer I would like to post it again.

I believe it would be benefical for myob to provide the ability to copy existing quotes and sales and save them as new quotes / sales.

I find myself consistently re-writing new quotes that are very similar to others, for example only one or two transaction lines different. It is frustrating to know that I have already written this information countless times before and cannot simply copy previous quotes and invoices.

Two different ways I believe myob could implement this function are below:

1.  Include the button: copy sale in the select from list window that opens for a customer when beginning a new quote or sale.  In effect taking an existing quote and using it as a new quote.

or

2. Open an existing quote or sale and change the invoice number to save it as a new quote/sale.

Currently when you change the invoice number you dont create a new quote or invoice you just change that particular invoice or quotes number.

AndrewSimms
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have posted about this previously but given this was a year ago and longer I would like to post it again.

I believe it would be benefical for myob to provide the ability to copy existing quotes and sales and save them as new quotes / sales.

I find myself consistently re-writing new quotes that are very similar to others, for example only one or two transaction lines different. It is frustrating to know that I have already written this information countless times before and cannot simply copy previous quotes and invoices.

Two different ways I believe myob could implement this function are below:

1. Include the button: copy sale in the select from list window that opens for a customer when beginning a new quote or sale. In effect taking an existing quote and using it as a new quote.

or

2. Open an existing quote or sale and change the invoice number to save it as a new quote/sale. Currently when you change the invoice number you dont create a new quote or invoice you just change that invoice or quotes number.

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I would like a similar feature however with some increased functionality.

In your case I save a quote as  "Save as Recurring" making sure in the "Recurring Schedule Infomation" window I choose "Never" for Frequency.  This is helpful where I might quote with 30 + items listed. This method also uses a new Invoice No.:  so you dont have to change this from your saved quote number.

The problem I have is when I create a new Quote using the "Use Recurring" tab at the bottom of the Quote window I can enter a new Customer name etc, however all the item's prices are based historically on when the recurring quote was created which may be over 2 years ago and so you have to go through every item updating to the current price.  It would be perfect if when selecting "Use Recurring" all current pricing was populated instead.

Jeff_AccAddons
Valued Partner
147 Posts
Valued Partner

Hi @AndrewSimms

I havent seen your previous email so not sure if your aware of save as recurring. It's not what your suggesting but does provide a way of effectively taking a copy of of an invoice or order. 

So your process could be:

Find an existing invoice or order to copy from and open it

CLick Save As Recurring and set the Rrequency to Never and change to prefix of the Recurring Transation Name from Sales to  "Copy: ..." so that you can then search of all the copies you create.

Then create a new order/quote and clicking Use Recurring and then search for copy and your customer name and select the one just created

You can then edit the date and other fields from a copy of the original and then save as a new transaction

Jeff

Glen_H
MYOB Staff
21 Posts
MYOB Staff

This request is from a customer: "A suggested change I would like to see. To be able to create a new invoice from an existing invoice. I can do this but I have to go to the old invoice, then save as recurring, go to a new invoice and select create from recurring, then select the saved entry.

I would like to be able to select an invoice, then select New based on existing or words to that effect, then have the new invoice displayed ready for edit. Would make my life just a little easier and I am sure a lot of professionals would also like this."

SteveBayliss
5 Posts
Cover User

Great idea! Smiley Happy

Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would also like the ability to do this.

I have consignment orders.  When we invoice each month I need to copy the previous invoice and change one line.  The current method is onerous.  Thanks