Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Custom Reports - Change in creation date

Partner

62Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

62 Posts
Partner
Australia

Me again,

I have Customised reports and discovered the "Created date and time" dont change.  i.e. When you select the created report some time AFTER you initially created the report the date and time stays the same.

Carmen

"AccountRight Live 2012.10"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2015

Hi @carmen and Everyone

Thank you for taking the time to suggest and/or provide feedback in regards to the report creation date in AccountRight.

I'm pleased to announce that in AccountRight 2015.4 the report creation date is generated off the time stamp when the report is printed/displayed not when created for custom reports.

For more information into getting AccountRight 2015.4 please see The AccountRight Blog post: AccountRight 2015.4 now available

6 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This is a known issue but unsure whether it is in for fixing.

MichelleAW
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This has been a known issue since about 2013 (possibly earlier) from what I can find on this forum.  I would have expected that this would have been fixed by now.  What is the point of being able to cusomise reports if you cant have a report created time and date on it for future reference?

Has this moved up the list MYOB to be fixed?

Thanks

Michelle

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MichelleAW

Thank you for your enquiry

Currently the report creation date and time for customise reports will show the date it was created rather than the date the report is generated. This is something that we have passed on the development team for investigation and possible correction in future releases of the program. No time frame has been given for that correction to be included in the program at this point in time

In the meantime if required you can hid that created date so it doesn't provide a false date. You can do this via displaying the report select the Insert/Modify tab>>In the Insert section you would select Fields and then uncheck Report Creation Date.

MichelleAW
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven_M,  

Thanks for your reply.  I have turned off the creation date in the reports I have customised, however sometimes when reconciling problems or going back in time is is crucial to know when the reports were actually run.  A fix of this would be great.

Thanks

Michelle

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MichelleAW 

The removal of the creation dates is the current workaround. However as mentioned it has been passed onto the required team for investigation and correction with an update into the program. No time frame has been set for it at this stage.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @carmen and Everyone

Thank you for taking the time to suggest and/or provide feedback in regards to the report creation date in AccountRight.

I'm pleased to announce that in AccountRight 2015.4 the report creation date is generated off the time stamp when the report is printed/displayed not when created for custom reports.

For more information into getting AccountRight 2015.4 please see The AccountRight Blog post: AccountRight 2015.4 now available