Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - Statement text field

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

802Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

there is a cheque number field you can add to the remittance, but these days EFT payments are made, if not even more than cheques. 

'Add Statement Text to Pay Bills/Spend Money Remittance Advice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2014

Thanks for the suggestion @scfsh. Adding statement text to printed remittance advices would certainly be useful for some users. Anyone who would like to see this change, please cast your vote here.

As a work around for now, you can setup your customised remittance advice form to include the memo from the payment (it will automatically be included in the default forms). With this setup, go to the buying details tab of your supplier cards. Here enter your standard statement text in the ‘payment memo’ field.

4 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the suggestion @scfsh. Adding statement text to printed remittance advices would certainly be useful for some users. Anyone who would like to see this change, please cast your vote here.

As a work around for now, you can setup your customised remittance advice form to include the memo from the payment (it will automatically be included in the default forms). With this setup, go to the buying details tab of your supplier cards. Here enter your standard statement text in the ‘payment memo’ field.

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi There, 

Our company has a number of different trading names and most of our accounts with suppliers are set up with these trading names.

This causes some confusion when I send out remittance advise that only reflects our actual company details.

I would really like to be able to insert athe ''Statement Text'' Field into our Remittance advice, this way allowing the recipeint to link our remittance advice with the payment. 

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi There, 

Our company has a number of different trading names and most of our accounts with suppliers are set up with these trading names.

This causes some confusion when I send out remittance advise that only reflects our actual company details.

I would really like to be able to insert athe ''Statement Text'' Field into our Remittance advice, this way allowing the recipeint to link our remittance advice with the payment. 

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

WOW this was a 2014 Idea?

I really could use this now - I am sure heaps of people could. I wonder why its not yet been put in place?

The 'Statement Text' or another field that allows us to enter a fixed MEMO for that particular supplier. 

I have heaps of trouble because our company name is nothing like our 2 trading names and suppliers have difficulty allocating.