Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Monthly budget entry

Cover User

2Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi MYOB Development Team,

For future builds can you add Monthly Budgets for Jobs please.

I love MYOB software however one frustrating point I find with MYOB, is that you cannot set monthly Job budgets.

When running an organisation with multiple departments and Department Managers an Executive Officer needs to be able to see how each department is doing in comparisson to their budgets. 

MYOB will allow an annual budget to be set for Jobs which is great however, by setting budgets monthly you will be able to better meet your annual goals because you will better track your monthly figures. 

In doing so, you can make adjustments each following month to ensure you hit your annual goals.

It would also be very handy, to be able to break this down to Actuals v Budgets on several scales, EG Weekly, Monthly, Bi Monthly, Quarterly, Bi Anually etc....

Thank you

Ray Austin

"Addition of Monthly Budgets for Jobs"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your excellent suggestion @ASWatCR. Anyone else who would like to see monthly job budgets in a future update, please cast your vote here.

29 Comments
CapFootball
5 Posts
Cover User

I use the Jobs (Budget Analysis) Report several times per month for 17 different budgets and its frustrating that a budget report does not allow for a date range.

To be able to view a Job Budget on a quarterly basis or on the 5th day of the new month to be able to run a report from the 1st to the 31st of the previous month.

As a budget basis report I can't understand why it doesn't have more flexibility.

In addition why do we have to manually update the percentages, shouldn't this be automatically calculated especially if you have a date range.

MickDevine
Valued Partner
242 Posts
Valued Partner

Hi CapFootball, while I can't help with your immediate problem in MYOB there is a solution using our Calxa Premier. It allows full monthly budgets by job (and category) for up to 10 years ahead and has a comprehensive and flexible library of reports.

Find out more at www.calxa.com.au or feel free to call me on 0433 77 88 05

Mick

SandraCarey
1 Post
Cover User

It would be great if the budget analysis by job reporting could be filtered by date as the lifetime expensing by job compared to an annual budget or even a quarterly budget is not possible unless you make up a new job code for each new period.  If you are not aware of this issue until it is too late you have no way of printing out a budget analysis by job because all of last years figures cannot be filtered out.

Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner
507 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Sandra,

What you mention should be possible within BudgetLink. You can download it from our website at http://accountingaddons.com.au

It integrates with MYOB  and should be able to provide you what you need. There is even a free cut down version if your requirements are modest.

Best of luck.

Nic

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff

Thanks for the idea CapFootball. I understand you would like to run the jobs budget analysis report for a specific date range rather then showing the lifetime. As MickDevine mentioned, there are a range of 3rd party add-ons that can add additional functionality to the budgets area. http://myob.com.au/addons/ If users would like to see this option within the software, please show your support and add a vote or further suggestions.

Jeff_AccAddons
Valued Partner
147 Posts
Valued Partner

Hi CapFootball,

There is also a Free MYOB Add-on solution that has an MYOB Job Budget Analysis Report with a date range. It allows you to capture budget data by Job, Year and Month and then pulls actual job data in from MYOB either via the ODBC Driver (AccountRight Classic) or the API (AccountRight Live) allowing you to compare Actual vs Budget for a selected Month and Year To Date. It also allow you to filter by Job Header. The solution is call BudgetLink. You can download it here

To find out more visit www.accountingaddons.com.au

Jeff Stephenson

Managing Director & Solution Architect

Accounting Addons

1300 ADDONS (1300 233 667)

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agreed - it would be great if MYOB could do this as standard.

DeanJacksion
1 Post
Cover User

Hi CapFootball,

I totaly agree with you.

I'm currently wasting so much time doing this manualy.

I think we will be moving away from MYOB soon for this reason.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi there,

I would like to see the date range - but definately DO NOT want to lose the ability to report over the life of the job - this is critical for builders, non profit's etc where a project runs over the financial year.

curious
1 Post
User

Agreed - This would save a lot of time and unnecessary spreadsheeting!