Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Backup: Include year in default filename

Cover User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Backups are saved as PRM0630.zip file which is PRM plus the 2 digit month and 2 digit date.

When backing up, I often get "this file aready exists" do you wish to overwrite.

Can't the year be added to assist with not overwriting previous years file and also with locating correct file for restoring. ie PRM150630.zip

thanks

"Backup"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2018

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017 will include the year in the default backup file name.  The default file format would be MYOB <month><day><year> For example, if I take a backup on 21/03/2018 the default filename would be MYOB03212018.

Note: MYOB will be replaced with PRM if you are using an AccountRight Premier company file.

3 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @BarbaraL

Thank you for your suggestion for the default back up name to be changed. I do agree that this will make the backup process better moving forward.

any other users that would like to have the default back up process changed to include the year the backup was taken to please vote and leave comments if required.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Barbara,

You must be using the v19 or earlier MYOB Premier if the default name is in the form of PRMmmdd.

you are able however to edit this default to whatever you wish and could add the year. i usually advise my clients on thes legacy versions to save the backup as yymmdd.zip as they then sort in order in the backup location folder.

The current 2015.x versions however do have the year in the default name and show as MYOBmmddyyyy (MYOB07102015) so that when you move to the new version there will no longer be this issue.

Regards

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017 will include the year in the default backup file name.  The default file format would be MYOB <month><day><year> For example, if I take a backup on 21/03/2018 the default filename would be MYOB03212018.

Note: MYOB will be replaced with PRM if you are using an AccountRight Premier company file.