Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Match - Extending search date range

Contributing Partner

9Posts

14Kudos

1Solutions

9 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

I would like the Bank Feeds- Find auto date range  suggestion to increase from 7 days to say 30 days

My client writes cheques and they are rarely presented in 7 days.

So for the 50 cheques he writes each month- the process of matching is rather time consuming- defeating the purpose of livebank feeds. 

"Bank Feeds - Opening Up The Date Range"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks for your suggestion, Donna. The option to better customise the Bank Feed's allocation rules once you receive them is something we would be happy to consider for a future update. To see the demand for this from out community, it would be great to see some votes and comments on this idea.

8 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your suggestion, Donna. The option to better customise the Bank Feed's allocation rules once you receive them is something we would be happy to consider for a future update. To see the demand for this from out community, it would be great to see some votes and comments on this idea.
Barkel
Experienced Cover User
68 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Just do it - 7 days is NOT a big enough window.

I have to draw cheques and deliver them to a board of directors for dual signatory.... these cheques are lucky to be "in the mail" within 7 days.  

I love everything about bank feeds EXCEPT the way it processes cheque payments.

Even if cheques are presented within the 7 days - you always have to search for them ... they are NEVER automatically matched.

I don't understand why MYOB does not automatically match the cheques based on the cheque numbers and amounts - despite their age.   Having to change the search parameters from 7 days is just another frustration - the main problem is not having an automatic match based on certain basic criteria to start with.

ALSO:  you need to make Recurring transactions accessible from the bank feeds along with the PAY ALL / RECEIVE ALL OPTIONS when processing transactions. .. (I was told this feature was included  3 releases ago but it still doesn't work?!!)

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree - 7 days isn't long enough.  Cheques being mailed to another state will take longer than 7 days for them to be delivered and presented.

Maybe having an option in the preferences section to set the default number of days for this would be a good solution - that way each company can choose how many days suit their needs.

David_ookkee
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I agree the date range needs to be much wider. It would be a bonus if it were customisable through the preferences.

RoslynC
2 Posts
Cover User

I would like the option of extending the automatic search period to 3 or even 6 months.  We have many clients who delay banking their cheques

lotstolearnNSp
3 Posts
Cover User

I would like to be able to reduce the default date range as the majority of our sales are the same amount so a large  number of transations show up... like the OP, this make is less useful.

Tully
5 Posts
User

I would like the Bank Feeds- Find auto date range  suggestion to increase from 7 days to say 30 days

The process of matching is rather time consuming- defeating the purpose of livebank feeds. 

Just wondering can this be done? Seems pointless that some transactions take longer than the default time and I have to keep going into each one to check.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Tully,

Thank you for your suggestion to extend the Bank feed auto-date range from 7 to 30 days. We get how this could improve check matching and the user experience. We assure you that ideas that receive a significant number of user votes are considered for inclusion in our roadmap for future enhancements. 

Please feel free to start a new post if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess