Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Search option

Cover User

6Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Cover User
Australia

It would be great if there is a box on Bank Feeds screen to search for check numbers, amounts and descriptions. This function is in  Essential but not in AccountRight.

I work for an accounting practice and I visit clients to do their accounts, would be much easier and less time consuming when entering invoices if there is a search box.

"Search box in BankFeeds to be added"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.1 comes the ability to search bank feeds transactions.  This can be done using the Search option in the Bank feeds window and allows the ability to show transactions that have a date, descriptions or amount that matches the search criteria.

Attachments.PNG

You can find out more information into AccountRight 2017.1, including a list of features, improvements and how to obtain that value via the AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2017.1 now available 

7 Comments
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

You can click Find to search for transactions by amount or date, but not by cheque number or description.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the fantastic idea, @Jmourtada - we do agree that this is a feature that would really improve the functionality and use of the bank feeds feature, and I'm positive that a lot of our clients would see it as a huge benefit as well.

Anyone else who would like to see this suggestion be implemented into future releases of the software, please cast your vote by clicking the purple '+ VOTE' icon towards the top left of the page, and/or leave a comment below.

Jmourtada
6 Posts
Cover User

@Kym__Yeoward I am aware  of the find function you mentioned but what I meant is to have a search box in BankFeeds screen as it is in MYOB Essential. Basically when I do data entry I go by invoices or check book, I enter each check number or amount individually to find the related line in bankfeeds then I post a transaction, very helpful when there is backlog.

Thanks @Tallie_M for considering my suggestion.

Rob_Adelaide
1 Post
Cover User

Hi

it would be extremely useful if you could search for invoices 

when doing bank feeds.

Christine_Fyfe
Experienced Partner
12 Posts
Experienced Partner

Agree!

Also, stop the bank recs from "unreconciling:! GRRRR

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for votes and comments on this idea.

We are currently working on including on developing the ability to search the Bank Feeds window for values on screen, very similar to the Advance Search functionality (CTRL + SHIFT + F function). This will be included in the next up and coming release (AccountRight 2017.1)  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.1 comes the ability to search bank feeds transactions.  This can be done using the Search option in the Bank feeds window and allows the ability to show transactions that have a date, descriptions or amount that matches the search criteria.

Attachments.PNG

You can find out more information into AccountRight 2017.1, including a list of features, improvements and how to obtain that value via the AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2017.1 now available