Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Hide multiple transactions at a time

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

645Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In the Bank Feeds window, I would like the ability to hide multiple transactions (not just one at a time).  This would be a great feature if not available.  Can anyone assist in this regard?

"Bank Feeds Window - Would like the ability to hide multiple transactions (not just one at a time)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thank you for your suggestion @A-Snax We're always interested to here how we can improve your workflow. Anyone who would like to be able to select multiple bank feed transactions at once to be hidden, please cast your vote here.

188 Comments
EliseDimas-1105
1 Post
Cover User

this would be very helpful ! 

lisa110
1 Post
Cover User

I just started using bankfeeds again after 3 years and when i downloaded the statements it downloaded all of them for the past 3 years  i now have to hide over 7000 one at a time . this is a joke i paid all this money to make work easyer not harder.

Beansmutts
Partner
51 Posts
Partner

A third button each line would be great,  Hide / Find / New.  The boss didnt tell me he set pbank feeds and I have 12 months of transacions that are all reconciled.

Chris_F
2 Posts
Cover User

Especially useful for new users of bank feeds that have had the system set up, but not used for the first few bank reconcilliation periods.  These un-matched transactions are confusing and time consuming if they stay sitting on the bank feeds window.  Would love a multiple hide option. 

Mill
3 Posts
Cover User

I need to hide more than 5000 transactions. I cannot believe this change has not yet been created given that there are message boards about this dating back to 2015! This is ridiculous. 

Mary_Burley
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I would like to see the transactions disappear from Bank Feeds once account is reconciled up to date of reconciliation.  There would be no need to go through and hide transactions.

AcademyCustom
1 Post
Cover User

Definitely I have around 2 years transactions to hide on multiple bank accounts

JeanetteP
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

YES YES YES, PLEASE get this up and running ASAP.  Cannot believe that this wasn't enabled when bank feeds was first designed.  OMG how time consuming and **bleep** annoying to keep right clicking one by one by one after doing a bank reconciliation to clear the previous month's lines off the bank feeds window..... either that, or once MYOB reconciles the bank statement period in "Reconcile Accounts" the lines in bank feeds associated with that timeframe AUTOMATICALLY become hidden to save us the hassle.  Anyone who wants to refer to something in this period then just goes to Bank Feeds and clicks on "Show Hidden" .  **bleep** annoying to right click on 10 pages of a bank statement feed for a reconciled month!!!!!

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @JeanetteP

It sounds to me that you are not using Bank Feeds to get the best efficiency out of them, as you appear to be still doing a manual reconciliation. If you are doing it properly there should not be any transactions left that you need to hide. My experience with my clients is that when bank feeds are properly used there is at least a 75% saving in the time needed to enter transactions and to reconcile the bank and credit card accounts.

If you have not done so i suggest that you have a look at the following MYOB Support Notes on Using Bank Feeds.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/About+bank+feeds

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/How+bank+feeds+can+work+for+you#Howbankfeedscanworkforyou-13867...

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/How+matching+works#Howmatchingworks-1386872

Cheers

David

JeanetteP
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

David_Cree , I use i the way I want to use it, the way that best suits me.  Not every business is the same and its not that cut and dried.  Don't tell me how I should be using it.  The design should be to suit everyone, not one set way of doing a reconciliation.  It really isn't that hard to have a feature that enables multiple lines to be hidden instead of one at a time.  I'm not changing the way I do my reconciliation just because MYOB can't have enough foresight to design a product to have flexibility to suit any user and their way of reconciling a bank account. Since nearly everyone else on here is agreeing with this also, maybe the weight of numbers also shows that MYOB need to upgrade ASAP to suit its users since we are the ones paying for the product!