Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Copy/Duplicate existing card

Cover User

1Posts

63Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Is it possible that with an existing card such as a supplier to be also a customer without imputing their details again?

"Creating a new card file with an existing cards details"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks for the idea Pitpatrol. Currently there isn't an ability to create a customer card from an existing supplier card. We would love to hear what others think about this. Please show your support with further votes and comments.

14 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea Pitpatrol. Currently there isn't an ability to create a customer card from an existing supplier card. We would love to hear what others think about this. Please show your support with further votes and comments.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Yes a very good idea - but go further please MYOB. Allow linking of cards even if different customer/purchaser - it is very common for a company headquarters to have multiple outlets - and also to be a purchaser & customer.

Linking of cards would, in extension, allow a payment from say a headquarters - 1 payment, to be plsit between different customer accounts.

eg. Customer - X Y Pty ltd - link - 1. XY Sales - Sydney 2. XY Sales - Brisbane 3. XY Sales Perth ; Purchaser - XY Pty Ltd.

Link now allows - purchase to offset sales (perhaps)  easily. And makes easy 1 payment from headquarters for 3 apparent clients.

The Doc

Scallop
8 Posts
Cover User

Excellent time saving idea

jimel
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

A customer has brought from us and we have set a customer card in purchases. Now we are buying from them. It seems that I have to enter a new card of this customer on a new card even though we have all there details. Is it possible to duplicate cards.

Ausworld
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

Hi

I operate contra accounts and find it a pain to have to enter a customer and then re-type all the details once more in the supplier card.

It would make since if you could duplicate the card with out having to export the detail's and then upload them again...

One simple way would have a function that ask is this a contra account? if you tick yes it automatically duplicate the card in customer and supplier...

Cheers

"Duplicate/Copy Card"

PGOA
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have on my card file many Customers who are also Suppliers and think it would be a great idea if we could duplicate the information from one card to create a new card

Any thoughts as to why/why not?

ChildcareQLD
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree!  Although most of our duplicates would no longer be required if we could do an electronic payment of a refund to a Customer card.

Lyn6164
Partner
35 Posts
Partner

Totally agree, i have heaps like this, it would be very handy

Plenty
1 Post
Cover User

If we can copy cards as we have customers with same name but different addresses.  They want different statements but having to input their details in again is time consuming.

Cyclone_Print
5 Posts
Cover User

That would be a great idea. CAn't beleive this doesn't already exist.