Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Comments - Not required to select from list

Cover User

3Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Standard Versions Purchases - Services

You could type in anything you wanted into the comment section located at the base of the order

I always placed a job name of our client as a reference, we also use PO order no at the top section

Now in account right it wants you to add a new comment each time and saves it

I don't need it saved and it is a pain to have to go and save each time

I know you can add headers in the description but it takes to long when you are doing many purchases

would be great to be able to use it again

"Comment section on purchases"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017.1 will allow the user to enter a Comment on a Sale or Purchase without the need for the comment to appear in the Comments list. After entering the required comment select Tab or click off that Comment field to store that comment on the transaction.

9 Comments
Bevan
6 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree, I also used the comment section and now can't.

It's very frustrating that we have to find a way to work around things that get changed or removed after each upgarde.

Just fix what needs to be fixed and leave alone the stuff that works or in this case use to work.

MHS
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree!! we insert a header into our item invoices so we can make notes but it would be better if you could use the comments section properly.

Allcon
3 Posts
Cover User

Sorted it out - I should have looked a little further

Look down at the bottom of the page to the light blue box - Journal comment area

Type in there whatever you want - same on invoice as purchases

Problem solved

xAndy
MYOB Staff
15 Posts
MYOB Staff

I'm glad you've found a solution for your situation. 

The comments field was meant for writing in small comments that would then be printed out on your invoices and bills, not so much for internal details to help track transactions. I find it interesting to see how people use things beyond what they were made for.

I think using the Journal Memo field is a better option, as you can use that for searching in Find Transactions - so it is of much more use to you.

I would like to see a shortcut key for the Easy Add button so that if you do type something in, you don't have to go back to your mouse to be able to save what you entered.

JodyB
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to see the Comments box going back to not having to be saved.  A use the comment box regularly with different comments and will end up with a huge amount of comments that will need to be deleted on a regular basis,  big pain!!

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Whilst the idea heading is "Comment section on purchases" it equally applies to the "Comment section on sales" as the "Labels: Sales and Purchases".  It therefore has my vote.

It should be noted that in V19 and earlier it was a "free form field", and able to be selected to print on purchase orders/sales invoices; it was generally used in "one of" situations.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Jody,

Contrary to what you were told in replies to your original post Sales Comment box a 'New Idea' already existed for your siggestion.

That 'New Idea' can be found on this link Comment section on purchases

Your idea applies equally to both Sales and Purchases.

Please vote for it so it will be adopted; it received my vote.Smiley Happy

Thank you

Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for picking this up. I can see how that would be annoying. We'll look into it.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017.1 will allow the user to enter a Comment on a Sale or Purchase without the need for the comment to appear in the Comments list. After entering the required comment select Tab or click off that Comment field to store that comment on the transaction.