Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
Andrea2209
6 Posts
Cover User

Absolutely agree! We have no way of recovering fees if we use PayDirect Online, which would otherwise be an excellent service. I am certain it wouldn't be a big deal for developers to spend a bit of time adding this in...

Parker15
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Totally agree that this should have been added prior to launching the pay online direct - we are a charity with very limited funding and other than increasing charges to everyone we will be stuck with a cost if someone wants to pay by credit card! :-( Not really good enough MYOB!

Nathaneds
2 Posts
Cover User

I cannot use this service until i can charge the transaction fee to the client for credit card surcharge. Please notify me once this is a possible option. 

Bo
1 Post
Cover User

I agree! This is absolutely necessary for us to use the paydirect online option.

PavelMin
8 Posts
User

I will not use the Pay Direct online until the fees can be automatically added when customers choose to pay that way.

Melzy
2 Posts
Cover User

PAY DIRECT ONLINE is  useless.  You should have the option on whether to charge a surcharge or not with Credit card payments.  I will not be using the PAY DIRECT ONLINE service unless it has this option.

serenaovens
1 Post
Cover User

As a not for profit organisation the online credit card feature would make payment pathways a lot easier for us - however the 25c plus 2.2% fee is substantial and not one we could afford - we would only use this feature IF there is the ability to automatically charge the fee to the customer for this service

Monte
2 Posts
Cover User

As a boutique cabinet making business, our invoices are larger transactions.  For me to implement this, I will be paying several hundred dollars in fees every time someone pays via credit card.   I won't implement this until I can charge the credit card surcharge to the client.

SWIT
3 Posts
User

Very short-sighted not adding a surcharging feature.

I would love to see it auto-calculate. Currently we use an inventory item (most of our sales are on this layout) to manually add the surcharge (after we have calculated it).

This will not work if we send it via Paydirect Online.

sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Totally agree and I won't be using PayDirect until that's available.