Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
remarkable
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I won't be using the feature in my business until the surcharge can be passed on.  But I also think the 2.2% is a bit steep!  As a customer who uses my credit card a lot, I'm not sure I would pay such a high surcharge.

AjDavis
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please. totally agree. Need this feature 

packgirl
3 Posts
Cover User

I was thinking of not adding to my invoices and just informing the customer of the charge send them the credit card receipt and just adding it as a bulk asset against the merchant card fees

davidjearley
5 Posts
Cover User

How's this helping small business? It's not!

Speedyec
1 Post
Cover User

Please add on the credit card surcharge to invoice asap, thanks

PSCSDeborah
1 Post
Cover User

I am not implementing this function until a surchage is supported by MYOB for Account Right.  Hurry up. Thanks.

CDNW
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Would be interesting to see how many MYOB customers actually use this.

And 25c + 2.2% seems very excessive, curious to know if these charges comply with the ACCC law on excessive payment surcharges???

RainbowAir
3 Posts
Cover User

Blatant price gouging by MYOB. 2.2% is about 1% more than they are likely to be paying. 

jessevella
3 Posts
Cover User

This feature needs to be implemented, i am disabling my PayDirect option until an automatice surcharge has been raised on the invoice for online payments.

JeremiahHicks
3 Posts
Cover User

It's ridiculous that MYOB hasn't integrated this feature from the very start. It's a must. If they're going to charge us fees, like every other credit card processor does, then we should be able to pass that along to a customer on an invoice ... same as buying petrol or anything else, we're always stung with the fees. GET ON IT MYOB