Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Would definately give "Kudo" to these @yabb2u , @AlanT and @Korschy , when I read @Suja_P reply that just made me mad and shows that MYOB is not listening to their customers. What makes them think that they have any right what so ever in dictating to us how we run our businesses?

I completetly agree with you @yabb2u "Why should MYOB conduct a survey and ultimately decide if we will be allowed to charge our customers the fee that MYOB have charged us? Or does this mean that if MYOB's survey shows that customers do not like being charged the fee then MYOB will stop charging its customers (us) the fee? If that is the case then let me pass my vote right here and now - I think MYOB should not charge us the fee - drop the surcharge to us and I won't want to pass it on to our customers."

I am happy to pass my vote on too right here right now ... though I am not holding my breath with stats like these.MYOB - Ideas Exchange Screen Shot 20170420.jpg

yabb2u
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks to @Suzi_Byrom for your recent post. 

I have given up on this as it is clear MYOB are just stalling. They want us to give in and accept. This entire post has been opened to give us an opportunity to vent. When I first raised the question I was fobbed off to this site and since then I have seen countless users comment in support. The survey is a joke and just another stalling tactic. As far as I am concerned MYOB have lost customer focus and so have lost my recommend.

I am not using their credit card service and have found other ways to deal with it. I am locked into MYOB for basic bookkeeping at the moment but I have turned several other new-start operators away from MYOB to alternative packages so I guess this issue is costing them new referral business from me at least.

dc8
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Smiley Mad Tell me about it. You would think that the #1 most voted item on the suggestions forum would be the first priority thing to address...

Hatelec
4 Posts
Cover User

considering businesses have been allowed to charge the surcharge for a few years now I don't get why MYOB hasn't done something about making it an option for business owners.  Mpowered and now all the new options and not once anybody in your programming department thought that you should add a surcharge line???  Don't think you are in touch with how business works at all sometimes

KellyMcL
5 Posts
Cover User

Enough with the 'Under consideration' status MYOB!
So far I've received I don't know how many email updates about this issue as people comment. The comments are predominantly all saying the same thing and if it's not clear to you by now what that is, then it will never be.

Have the cojones to make the decision: yes we will, or no we won't.

Not having the feature is bad enough but the way MYOB have chosen to handle it (stalling under the guise of asking-for-feedback) is nothing short of an embarrassment.  

LevelMaster
1 Post
Cover User

I also look forward to a credit card surcharge facility being implemented. Many other operating systems can handle this feature, MYOB should also be able to do so.

caznet
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

MYOB knows how much a PayOnline transaction is going to cost me when it processes it.

Allow me to optionally turn on/off for each invoice that is pay online enabled, that when the customer processes the payment it will add the transaction fee to the charge.

This would obviously need to be clearly shown to the customer. Ie: Invoice Amount + GST + Transaction Fee = Total. Also, update the invoice in MYOB to include that transaction fee so it reconciles with the payment.

KellyMNE
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is also what I need desperatley. With a few hundred payments a day by credit card, am tired of having to manually calculate.

RRR
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a MUST.  Most customers expect to pay a credit card surcharge when paying by card. Business are cutting costs and can't afford to carry this fee also.

MYOB should get this up and running ASAP, until then I will not be able to use this feature either.

Manal-Hafza
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB Techs,

Thankyou for your support. I would like to request an update on the following :

- preference to allow/disallow payment by credit card on customer profile ((reduces missing it on the invoice)) 

- automatically adding surcharges to invoice totoal for online credit card payments 

regards,