Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Ability to lock fields from changes

Cover User

15Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

The ability to 'lock' custom forms & ability to delete standard forms from selection list (as you can for customized forms). Logical selection or selectable defaults. ie Printed Form, Invoice Delivery, Comments etc.

"Custom forms"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your suggestion. Anyone else who would like to be able to delete the standard forms, and lock custom forms so they can't be deleted, please cast your vote here.

6 Comments
Shield-King1
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We have "upgraded" to myob live and find many features frustrating compared to the previous version Account right 19..  Especially customising invoices.  There is only ONE tax exclusive form to choose and that is the MYOB powered one.  Why are there TWO tax INCLUSIVE choices together and all the others are tax inclusive.  Surely one of them should be exclusive for a choice.  

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. Anyone else who would like to be able to delete the standard forms, and lock custom forms so they can't be deleted, please cast your vote here.

DebraAnderson
Experienced Partner
77 Posts
Experienced Partner

Yes please....it can be very confusing for users with so many forms.  However, perhaps not delete completely but rather as an Administrator we could HIDE the AR standard forms and also select the DEFAULT form we want ALL users to use.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DebraAnderson 

Thanks for your comments/possible way we can implement this in the software and voting for this idea.

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

Great idea! I vote for this, however I also think the whole 'custom forms' feature needs an overhaul. See my post here: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Better-Custom-Forms/idi-p/421918

Verdant
Experienced Cover User
123 Posts
Experienced Cover User

There is a similar idea here.:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Forms-Ability-to-hide-standard-default-cust...

Perhaps these could be combined to vote up this request?