Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Date entry default to days field in

Experienced Cover User

68Posts

129Kudos

0Solutions

68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

So MYOB finally fixed the date seperator issues so you can now use the decimal point again (Although not in all places - eg not when filtering reports)

However now when you go into the date field and change the dd.mm and enter the transaction the next time you go to enter the date the cursor is stuck in the 'mm" setting instead of the focus being at the beginning of the field in the dd section???  (For me this is happening in the ENTER PURCHASE and ENTER SALES sections of MYOB - have not paid too much attention if it is also happening in other areas as well)

FYI MYOB - this is a MUST FIX ASAP!!!!!   as it leads to incorrect data input and slows down processing time as you have to double check every little thing you do in MYOB now   

"Date Entry"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2013

This has been fixed and will be in the 2013.0 update which will be available in the next few weeks. After you enter a tranaction the date field will now be reset and the cursor will be set to the dd field allowing you to just start typing the next date.

4 Comments
Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Barkel - good luck with this - this has been a problem with the new platform (I've gone back to using NZ v19.5 & won't upgrade anyone).  As has been said ad nauseum in many comments this platform seems to have been created for the mouse clickers - not the data entry people.  This problem has been brought up many times, but I don't ever recall this being answered. It's a royal pain in the **** .  Basically they have created the day/month/year as individual fields - I have asked why this was done, so perhaps we may understand, but ... no-one answers that, and I'm starting to wonder if they actually understand it themselves (aka the software writers/techies).  I feel sorry for the poor people who have to read/listen to our constant moans and groans.  So yet I ask again also - WILL THIS BE CHANGED ... as I don't believe in their eyes this is something that needs "fixing".

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
This has been fixed and will be in the 2013.0 update which will be available in the next few weeks. After you enter a tranaction the date field will now be reset and the cursor will be set to the dd field allowing you to just start typing the next date.
Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

OMG Dale you have soooo made my day

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

"One small step for MYOB software, One giant leap for MYOB users!!! yah Smiley Happy

Hopefully, MYOB can also listen to/implement  other similar suggestions to create a more user-friendly data-entry experience.