Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Invoices - Show prompt payment discount amount value

Cover User

1Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

We give customers a  prompt payment discount.

It would be great if we could print this on the invoice. For example, "Total if Paid Before…” I have seen other companies do this on their bills. It might help people pay us faster.

"Discount on Invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a sensible idea - I wonder if other businesses need this? Use the Vote button if you like this idea.

28 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a sensible idea - I wonder if other businesses need this? Use the Vote button if you like this idea.
Action
Trusted User
81 Posts
Trusted User

It's already set up in the card file for customers to receive an early payment discount however this does not display effectively on the customers invoices and statements.  "10% within 14 days" is not sufficient and I constantly  have issues with customers incorrectly calculating the discount.  What I would love is the following:

Data field with timeframe terms only (7 days, 14 days, 20th EOm etc - no percentage discount shown)

Data field for: early settlement discount, total with discount, total without discount.

The above is required for invoices but it would be handy if we had the option to include these fields on statements as well.

I see questions/requests for early payment/settlement discount going back as far as 2007.  Why hasn't something that has been asked for for the past 6yrs and is standard in most accounting software not been added already?

ehewson
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree totally. We need the ability to apply prompt payment discounts that appear on the invoice.

If my power company can do it, surely we could!!!

ClareFig
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I also require this option, my last customer thought the total on the invoice was the discounted one and paid that.  Simply writing a line in the invoice or using a comment is not sufficient and this is when misunderstandings can also occur.  As many have said before, if the option is in the card file and it shows up in the "Pay bills" section of myob, then surely it should be an option in the customised forms for invoices section.

Pembertown
2 Posts
Cover User

This task has been delagated to us for a client, have you any progress on a solution?

Our clients old invoicing system (Banklink, now owned by MYOB) used to do this..

Eg total amount payable $156, Total amount payable if paid within 7 days of the invoice date $124.80

keylee
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User

Please consider urgently putting this feature onto MYOB Account Right 19.8v and higher.  We process approx 1000 invoices per month and we offer a 5% prompt payment discount.  Currently we have to go into every recurring invoice and manually add ND or something similar for no PPD.  We also want to change the way we process these as it is very time consuming.  We want to go to the way Telecom / Vodafone and if a customer pays by a certain day they receive the discount, if they pay after the due date, they don't.  All this information needs to show on the invoices.  The current data fields don't have this ability.  

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @keylee 

A new idea already exists for what you have proposed on this link Prompt Payment Discount on Invoice; I suggest you please read the existing comments, add your own comments and vote for the idea by clicking its '+ Vote' icon.

I voted for it nearly 2 years ago and It presently has 23 Votes and is "Under Consideration"; it needs at least 50 votes before it is ever likely to be implemented.

Thank you.

keylee
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User

Please consider urgently putting this feature onto MYOB Account Right 19.8v and higher.  We process approx 1000 invoices per month and we offer a 5% prompt payment discount.  Currently we have to go into every recurring invoice and manually add ND or something similar for no PPD.  We also want to change the way we process these as it is very time consuming.  We want to go to the way Telecom / Vodafone and if a customer pays by a certain day they receive the discount, if they pay after the due date, they don't.  All this information needs to show on the invoices.  The current data fields don't have this ability. 

keylee
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks for the info.  I have added there as well.  It's hard to believe that MYOB are so backwards in coming forwards for this.  And harder to believe that only 24 of us have voted for it.  I hunted for two days to find an answer for this.  MYOB needs to up their game.

Netty
Partner
11 Posts
Partner

This seems to be a feature that clients want now - as by offering a discount and showing the actual amount to the customer they have a better chance of getting prompt payment