AccountRight

Display: Increase font size

Experienced Cover User rusty192
186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

might be ok for younger eye's, spare a thought for the older generation.

Why the hell has the ability to change fonts gone & window sizes. Now the only way to make this stupid program readable is to redoo the screen resolution,

Even MS excel has the ability to zoom, might be time to dump MYOB me thinks!!

"small fonts & window sizing"

Current Status: Under consideration

Last Changed: August 2012

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list?

79 Comments
Experienced Cover User Lucky_Man
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Still no progress on this front it seems - goes back to 2011.

MYOB made real advances when they went away from their own internal database to SQL - why can't they get this right as well?

Do we need to get a class action up for all the eyestrain and headaches our staff endure?  Surely as an OH&S issue this would get some priority.

VickiP
6 Posts
Cover User

I am also dissapointed that you can no longer change the font size!

Vicki

Jaycan
3 Posts
User

Absolutely ridiculous that the font and window sizes can't be changed as in Plus19. I have recently upgraded to 2017 and am extremely disappointed with the current layout. It is nearly impossible to see the forms on the screen, and to offer the only solution as changing your whole computer screen resolution is a joke. If I had known about this I would never have upgraded. What a waste of money.

Footnote: Returned the AR 2017 package to Officeworks for a credit, going back to using Plus19. Sorry MYOB, you missed out on a sale.

Experienced Cover User Lucky_Man
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Regarding

Current Status: Under consideration

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list

I Don't think you can rate the importance by just the number of votes.  This is an issue that effects every aspect of software - not just one feature.  I'd have to say in our OH&S review this was amongst the top 3 issues - our admin/finance staff have to choose between a modern office computer environment (like our engineers and drafters have) or MYOB.

DPI aware is a start.  But also being able to resize all windows in a usable way is also needed.

Maybe we can chip together to buy MYOB a 4K HD monitor just to see how hopeless it is.  They are $500 from office works.

This would've added a lot more value than restylising all the icons etc (how many votes did that get?)

Ultimate Partner David_Cree
959 Posts
Ultimate Partner

The ability to change the screen font size was one of the great things about the Classic MYOB versions. Changing the screen resolution to 125% is not a satisfactory solution as it messes up other software that is perfectly ok at !00%.

The current setup may be fine for those who still have a 14inch tube monitor, but technology has moved on and I do not want a tiny MYOB box in a corner of my 22 inch HD monitor. There is all that screen realestate. Let me use it and not have to go to the chemist for a pair of 4X magnifying glasses.

Cheers David

Waynmar
4 Posts
Cover User

Have to totally agree.  Too bad if you are short sighted.

I have also now found that by increasing the windows size in display, that you can't access the buttons at the bottom of the screen to record, and you can't scroll down to them.

Obviously this is not fully tested.  Terrible!!

Trusted Cover User Chris_H
49 Posts
Trusted Cover User

That's the benefit of UPGRADE - NOT! Smiley Sad

Found the same thing when upgraded one computer to the wonders of V2017.  Thats  2017 folks.

Frankly I couldn't cope - so reverted back to V19.4

... and I see that the original poster started this thread in 2011  and the same STILL applies. Obviously not a priority for the MYOB peope... and yet we are being FORCED BY DEFAULT  TO UPGRADE TO 2017 by the end of October'17 otherwise support for V19.4 Confirmation of Company will cease to exist.

You are indeed a digrace MYOB 

Bostons-rule
5 Posts
Cover User

I Agree, font size way too small, even the icons are too small, changing the lovely large print button/ send botton to this tiny thing up in the top left hand corner is just rediculous!  Also the colours are pale sickly wishy washy, hard to distinguish anything. 

Not happy with the visual of the new MYOB does not draw the eye to anything, margin for error has now increased twofold.  After doing the books all day I now have a wopper of a headache, ggggrrrrr !

Contributing Cover User narvic065
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would prefer to have a choice of default fonts, the new 2017.2 Version is particularly uncomfortable for eyes, especially the size of the font and the colour is not dark enough, you can tell which type of invoice etc. you are on but it is hard on the eyes.