Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Ability to set senders email address for Outlook

User

5Posts

123Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
Australia

Hi,

the fact that Myob automatically uses Default email account in Outlook is totally wrong move.

Lets say that we have 5 email account in OUTLOOK, default is FRED@ and the one that I need to use for Invoicing is ADMIN@.

I am sending invoice via MYOB that will automatically use FRED@ in my Outlook. Does that make any sense? NO. It does not.

How hard would that be to configure MYOB to be able to set whatever account in my OUTLOOK will be the MYOB account?

I know that your answer is going to be this: You can set default ADMIN@ and when you use OUTLOOK without MYOB, you can choose your account FRED@ manually.

This would be very unproductive and very hard to manage.

The reason why you have to make the feature ,, CHOOSE OUTLOOK EMAIL ACCOUNT,, available is that people can use appropriate outlook email account with different email signatures. 99.99% companies have multiple emails.

Please let me know what you think....:-)

Have a good day

Fred

"Outlook Email Default for MYOB"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: November 2016

Hi Everyone
Thank you for your feedback and comments relating to the idea.
With the release of online emailing for AccountRight 2016 the development of emailing for AccountRight has headed in a different path. This particular idea is something that we might consider in the future but at this stage we are not actively considering or developing. You can find more information into Online Emailing via Set up AccountRight to send emails

Once again thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea.

35 Comments
BYBookkeeping
Trusted Cover User
96 Posts
Trusted Cover User

@Steven_M I get that MYOB now has an email solution direct from the software......BUT....what happens when I want to know what I wrote in an email?  All it shows me is that I emailed an Invoice.  Not what I wrote!  This needs to be addressed!

AND MYOB needs to make the box contain MORE characters.  It is way too limited in the characters that can be typed.

AND it would be amazing if you could include generic text as a drop down.  I have to cut/paste from a word document depending on what I want to say.

I have to email it to myself and then retype it how and however long I want to the email to be.

Still TOO limiting MYOB. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BYBookkeeping

Thank you for your feedback.

I would encourage you to show your support for the following ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange in relation to the points you have raised:

Debz99
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I too would like to have the ability to link different email signatures with different companies.

Loved the fact that I no longer had to 'allow' each email but was shocked to see that one of my other business signatures was now showing on another companys remittances!

Debz99
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This makes so much sense for people using MYOB for multiple companies!

Jadtay
2 Posts
User

How ridiculous when youn have multiple MYOB files. 

My pay slips, are being sent to the incorrect email account for sending.

FFS do something, along with

adding job entry n Payroll instead of the drop down list

letting you add a job in the middle of a payrun, without staring again.