Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Prompt to save changes when closing window.

Experienced User

27Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

27 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

While working on a invoice / bill, or modifying an existing one if you press the escape key all of the work is deleted without a promt.

Could a promt be added to confirm this before deleting changes?

I understand the quick fix is to not push the key, but my fingers have a mind of their own at times! Smiley Sad

"Escape key deletes unsaved invoices"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2016.3 will now prompt the user to confirm that they would like to close the window while editing a transaction when the Escape (Esc) key is selected.

You can find out more information into AccountRight 2016.3 and how to access the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available

4 Comments
SDHBVUKBV
Experienced Cover User
59 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Just spent half an hour adjusting a quote and pressed escape to get out of a text box, only to find out that clicking escape actually cancels and closes the quote.

Talk about totally p#$$ed OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy to fix for you guys to simply have a text box popup with "Are you sure you wish to cancel without saving?"

This box should come up for any command, except the cancel button, that causes this to happen.

Now back to another half hour of bliss doing this all over again.

*EDIT - change subject of idea to make it more searchable for others.  @Steven_M

CLINTE
1 Post
Cover User

I HAVE ENTERED INTO AN EXISTING SALES INVOICE INVOICE THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR THE PAST WEEK. EACH NIGHT I HAVE PRESSED OK WHICH SAVES YOUR DATA SO THAT YOU CAN OPEN IT AND KEEP WORKING ON THE SALES INVOICE. UNFORTUNATLY TODAY I HAD BEEN WORKING ON THIS SAME INVOICE FOR A GOOD PART OF THE DAY AND ALSO HAD OTHER WINDOWS OPEN. WHILE CLOSING WINDOWS I ACCIDENTLY CLOSED THE SALES INVOICE WHICH WHEN OPENED AGAIN HAD NOT SAVED THE PAST 6 HOURS OF DATA ENTERING. 

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT A PROMPT TO SAVE ON THIS FEATURE. 

I AM VERY **bleep** OFF THAT I HAVE TO RE-ENTER ALL OF THE DATA THAT I HAD ENTERED FOR THE LAST 6 HOURS......GRRRRRRR MYOB

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone
Thank you all for your feedback and voting for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that we are in development of a prompt that will be generated with the Esc/Escape key is selected in key windows to warn of a change

More details into this feature and how to obtain that update will be available closer to release.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2016.3 will now prompt the user to confirm that they would like to close the window while editing a transaction when the Escape (Esc) key is selected.

You can find out more information into AccountRight 2016.3 and how to access the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available