Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Reconciliation Report - Extend column width

Partner

11Posts

14Kudos

1Solutions

11 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi MYOB team,

Just downloaded 2015.2 - Great!

I have been meaning to provide some feedback regarding the printing of a bank rec.

Can you please look into widening the deposit and withdrawal columns  as the totals are sometimes obscured by the preset narrow columns.

I realise I can use the Insert/Modify tab and reset the width but it would be easier if it was preset a little wider please??

Thanks all Smiley Happy

"Format Bank Rec Printout"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Thank you for your suggestion @Align I can see making the Deposit and Withdrawal columns wider by default would make the report more user friendly. I encourage any interested users to cast your vote here, and leave comments if needed.

In the meantime, you may consider customising the column width in the Reconciliation Report and save it as a a custom reports. You can then always run the custom report instead in the future. 

5 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion @Align I can see making the Deposit and Withdrawal columns wider by default would make the report more user friendly. I encourage any interested users to cast your vote here, and leave comments if needed.

In the meantime, you may consider customising the column width in the Reconciliation Report and save it as a a custom reports. You can then always run the custom report instead in the future. 

Align
Partner
11 Posts
Partner

Great, shall do 

Thanks

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the workaround "custom report" suggestion, but as I understand it, this then gives everyone with access to the custom reports access to the customised bank rec report.

There are a number of old posts on this subject but they have all been marked "solved" and closed to new comments but the solution on most of them is "this report will always revert to the default column width" and "we are aware of this bug and working on it for future releases" or words to that effect.

There is soooooo much room off to the right hand side of the current default bank rec report. If it's too hard to determine the width required on a per report run basis, couldn't the default width be increased to allow up to $10,000,000.00 or some other large number? That would cover most users I would think. There appears to be enough room to do it.

It's not hard to work around but it's annoying and fiddly trying to remember to check that all the figures are showing before printing the report.

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@CloverQIs there any sign that this might be coming soon? 5 bank recs done today and I'm a bit "over it". And I only work for a small business. I pity anyone with a higher number of bank accounts. Thanks.

Tan_Sheff
3 Posts
Cover User

This would seem like a pretty simple thing to fix which would result in an improved product. However, comments about this go back a couple of years!