Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Remember Date From filters from previous session

Cover User

7Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia

At the moment, the "Date From" field all registers in MYOB AccountRight 2012 defaults to the first of the current month. It makes more sense to me to have this field default to the first day of the current financial year, or at the very least, the first day of the current quarter. Displaying only those transactions made in the current month seems meaningless. Is there any chance of this behavior being modified in future editions?

"Default date in "Date From" field in all registers."

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

Filters on the AccountRight browser interface are remembered between sessions. This does mean that if you do close down and you can pick right up where you left off with your filters.

14 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

For many businesses I deal with, a month's display is perfectly adequate, any more would be a performance burden, and information overload Smiley Happy.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

I agree with Mike, sorry.

Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I have to agree with Mike & Juie here.

The assumption here is that we all good people and up to date with our work so never need to go back more than one month to enter our transactions. JK. Smiley Happy

I did make another suggestion previously that MYOB includes an arrow button to enable the user to simply duplicate one payment date to another. I'll track it down and link it on here later.

Cheers.

Greg

Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Lazloff
7 Posts
Cover User

Thanks all for your comments. You are probably right.

Demes
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Have been meaning to check to see if anything can be done about the default date display, absolutely hate the way the program defaults to transaction in the current month to date. I find I almost always have to select a longer range and its very annoying especially when I have future payments in the bank account register to check.

Why isn't there an option to select a default range of the users choosing, perhaps a check box on the register that allows the user to select all dates and the window displays the most recent transaction instead of the oldest? Also, why does the balance in registers only show in the current financial year?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Demes,

Thank you for your feedback. I can understand it must be frustrating to have to allways have to change the date range to accommodate to your needs.

The option to set a default date range may be something that our Developers may consider in a future release.

Would you mind clarifying your last comment  regarding the registers only showing in the Current Financial Year?

GPTWMichele
1 Post
Cover User

When-ever you have to close MYOB and re-open it, the invoices that show up on the invoice registers (both in purchases and sales) defaults to the beginning of the current month up to the date of the month you are currently in. That means that not all open invoices are displayed (often invoices are open but unpaid from prior months). It would be preferable (at least in the open invoices tabs) to have the date range default to the first date the the company has an invoice to either current date (or at least the newest invoice date - in case an invoice was raised with a future date - I'd even prefer that the end date be the end of current financial year date).

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

The window location and sizes are remembered, but the settings in the windows should be remembered also.

i.e. when i open sales register, i change it to search by "customer" dated from "1.1.1" to "1.1.9999" so that i can see all sales ever processed for that customer. When i exit myob and go back in, i have to make all these changed again, every time.

It used to be a major probelm in V19 as when someone was kicked out, everyone would have to get out, delete the lock file and then everyone back in, which was a 3 times a day occurance. So far, since upgrading Friday, we have only had 2 occurances of someone being kicked out so a 50% improvement, and we haven't had to delete lock files, etc, so eveyone doesn't have to get out. it would still be nice if MYOB remembered where things were at and resumed back to that layout/settings to save time/effort.

Jefkel
1 Post
Cover User

I agree with GPTWMichele. I am also new to MYOB having converted (wrong word - no such process available) from QB7.4 and am trying to get my head around the limitations with AR compared with QB. At least in QB, Accounts Receivable or open invoices show all invoices that are open - not just the current month. I know it is as simple as changing the date range, but one should not have to when viewing Open Invoices. Why did I change? Baggage Handlers destroyed my old notebook  forcing me to renew.